Search

Getting access to the airlines booking info

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2008, 4:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, BMI
Getting access to the airlines booking info

Hi all,
I've been busy booking travel stuff lately and rapidly reached the conclusion that there wasn't a flight search engine out there that lets me search the way I want to search.

I'm also a web programmer, so I'm wandering whether I can cook up something myself. The first hurdle for this would be getting the ability to query flight availability and cost. Has anyone got ideas on where I would start with this?

Ideally there would be a web service somewhere that I could feed in flight details and get a response back. I suspect there is no single one and I'll need to hit a number of different services, possibly one per carrier.

Cheers,
Peter
Old Jan 3, 2008, 6:17 am

My first impression from reading your post is that you have probably not looked at enough booking engines. Have you looked here? Please elaborate - which sites have you looked at, and specifically what is it that they cannot do?

Last edited by deubster; Jan 3, 2008 at 6:40 am
Old Jan 3, 2008, 6:29 am

Programs: UA 2p/Starwood/AA/TG
Duebster, your link brings you back to this same thread.
Old Jan 3, 2008, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by KenInChicago
Duebster, your link brings you back to this same thread.
Sorry - don't know how that happened. Corrected. Thx.
Old Jan 3, 2008, 7:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, BMI
That's quite an impressive list of links. Thanks for pointing me at it.

My ideal flight search engine would let me choose what class I wish to fly and hat frequent flyer program I'm a member of. I would then want to choose a departure airport and have it give me a list of places I could fly on member airlines and how much it will cost.

The closest I've found is skyscanner.net, which does the type of search I want, but doesn't restrict it by ff program and always shows budget seats.
Old Jan 3, 2008, 10:09 am

Programs: LH SEN, AA Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond
Expertflyer "sort of" has functionality that you want.

You can pick class or even fare basis codes and you can specify airline codes / alliance - that should take care of FF program.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.