Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

No Starwoods in Albany, NY. Suggestions?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2007, 12:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: All the regulars for an American. Retired now so peon on all of them

I get to go there next week Anyone have a suggestion for a good hotel?
Old Nov 16, 2007, 2:10 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
As this isn't relevant to Starwood since there aren't any hotels in Albany, I'm going to move this to TravelBuzz! Hopefully you'll receive some answers there. Additionally, there is a forum under Travel&Dining that is devoted to the East Coast; that might assist you as well.

ldsant
*wood Moderator
Old Nov 16, 2007, 2:16 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, HH Gold, EZ Pass Plat, Starbucks Gold, Whatever flight is cheapest
The Hampton Inns(& Suites) around Albany are all pretty new. They have downtown, the Wolf Rd area and the airport covered. Depends where you need to be.
Old Nov 16, 2007, 3:00 pm

Programs: Peon in all
I myself like the Residence Inn near the airport. Or do you need to by more downtown?
Old Nov 16, 2007, 4:49 pm

Programs: Lifetime AA Gold-1MM
Don't go to Albany.
Old Nov 16, 2007, 11:06 pm

NOT the Marriott.
Old Nov 17, 2007, 9:12 am
In Memoriam

Programs: NW Silver Elite, CO
The Desmond by the airport is fine.
Old Nov 17, 2007, 1:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.5MM, HH Diamond
Not the Red Carpet Inn, however it is very close to the arena
Old Nov 17, 2007, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Question Anyone have a suggestion for a good hotel?

Answer My last 4 or 5 trips to Albany, I stayed at the Marriott or the Hampton Inn, both on Wolf Road (near ALB).

I've paid between $42 and $55 using www.priceline.com
Both properties offer a free computer if you don't have a laptop. The Hampton Inn has a nice cont breakfast.

Checkout www.betterbidding.com and www.biddingfortravel.com for any up to the minute reports.

deckman, where do you need to be while you're in Albany?
Old Nov 17, 2007, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry7130e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

The recently opened Hilton Garden Inn at Albany Medical Center has gotten some good reviews here on FT, but I have not yet stayed there. If you have to stay downtown, either the Crowne Plaza or the Hampton are both OK. I think that there are also one or two boutique-style properties downtown, but I have not stayed at either. Out near the Airport, I've stayed at the HGI, the Holiday Inn Turf, and the Marriott, and all have been OK. (The old Sheraton on Wolf Road has been a Best Western for many years now.)
Old Nov 17, 2007, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry7130e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

Just to add an historical note:

Sheraton used to be well represented in upstate New York, but no more. The Sheraton Inn Buffalo Airport (located at the Galleria Mall) is now a Millennium; the Sheraton Inn Rochester Airport is now a parking lot; the Sheraton Inn Syracuse/Liverpool is now a Holiday Inn; the Sheraton Inn Albany Airport is, as previously mentioned, now a Best Western; the Sheraton Inn Ithaca is now a Clarion; the Sheraton Saratoga Springs Hotel is now an unaffiliated property; the Sheraton Utica is now a Radisson; the Sheraton Poughkeepsie became a Radisson, but is now unaffiliated; the Sheraton Dunkirk (on the Lake Erie waterfront) is now a Clarion; and the Four Points Rochester downtown first became a Holiday Inn, and is now a Clarion.

Sheraton still has a presence in Syracuse: the Sheraton University Inn at Syracuse University.

Last edited by guv1976; Nov 17, 2007 at 7:13 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.