Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Doubling bump compensation?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2007, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Doubling bump compensation?

From here:
The Transportation Department proposed new rules to double the bump fee that airlines must pay to travelers with tickets but no seat from $200 for those delayed less than two hours and $400 for those who wait more than two hours to $400 and $800.
I could handle this change.
Old Nov 15, 2007, 8:04 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
I've volunteered on my last dozen or so overbooked flights when they asked for volunteers, and was never needed. As this change doesn't apply to vol's only those who don't, I don't see what it will do other then maybe keep the overbooked numbers down a bit.

I didn't understand this one at all, there were 56,000 invol deined boarding in 2006, 621,000 vols, out of five hundred fifty five million passengers on the major carriers according to the Bureau of Transportation statistics.

That will cost the airlines an additional 22 million dollars, or an increse per passenger ticketed of four cents.

That will hurt them for sure.
Old Nov 15, 2007, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
VDB compensation generally mirrors IDB compensation, except that you can't demand cash. I've also had VDB's processed as IDB's when a flight (last one of the day) was seriously delayed as well as seriously overbooked & the GA just wanted to get it out of the way.

In the last ~12 months we've had $2800 in vouchers. It's kept our net average out-of-pocket expense paid in 2007 for domestic tickets to < $115.

I don't wait for them them to ask for volunteers. I looked at the availabilty on-line & if there's a chance it might be sold out/overbooked make sure I'm at the podium at T-60.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.