Wiki Posts
Search

Trip insurance for concert tickets?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2007, 6:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, WN RR
Trip insurance for concert tickets?

Hey folks, I've been doing a bunch of traveling this year to see a band that's on tour (The Police; I'd go see Stewart Copeland play plastic buckets). So far I've been lucky but a trip I'd been planning to make tomorrow to see the group in Philly just got postponed. I'd been planning on staying with a friend and my plane ticket was on Southwest, which'll let you use the credit later, so I'm not facing any penalties. I am, however, thinking of some other trips I've been planning in the coming months.

I can't seem to find any insurance companies that offer cancellation of a concert or sporting event as a valid reason to file claim. Anyone got any 411 on this?

p.s. There are LOTS of companies that will cover the cost of the actual ticket itself, but that's not the issue. The issue is that I don't want to make the trip to Distant City X if the band cancels or postpones, and hotels in particular are getting really bad about collecting some sort of cancellation fee, if not dunning you for the cost of the entire stay. Any thoughts appreciated.
Old Nov 13, 2007, 6:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
I don't know the answer to your question, but how many shows have you seen this tour?
Old Nov 14, 2007, 1:54 am
Original Poster

Nine so far. This week was going to make twelve...but I think I'm out of luck, considering the eight or so shows that got canned last time Sting got the sniffles...

Beauty of it is I finally got serious about committing to one FF program and just re-upped my AA Gold status for next year...
Old Nov 14, 2007, 12:46 pm

Programs: DL UA
I had the inverse happen a couple of weeks ago. Thanks to Delta, we arrived at the Sinead O'Connor concert ( for which we had second row seats!) just as it ended. I tried to file a claim with my travel insurance ( Which I never buy but it was offered on the website so for grins and $1o I got it). The travel insurance basically said sorry. In any case, I think that you may be stuck. There really doesn't seem to be much protection for the loss of "events" only for the loss objects.

BTW, I saw the Police in Vegas- great show.
Old Nov 15, 2007, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

Looks like we're good to go for the Atlanta shows this weekend - Stewart checked in over on sc.net to let us know, which is one reason I'm such a fanatic fan of his...he's definitely running a mutual admiration society over there.

Thanks for the thoughts, all. I'll post here should I find anything.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.