Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Etravco booking engine?

Etravco booking engine?

Old Oct 12, 2007, 9:50 pm
Original Poster

Etravco booking engine?

I came across this website via a Fatwallet posting. It redirects to http://www.bookairlinetickets.com and apparently prices out cheaper than ITA.

Using the FW poster's rough parameters (Wed departures in Jan/Mar) and searching on ITA I get €391.81 as the cheapest fare on Cyprus Airways using AMS as the sales city and booking into X and T class on the outbound/inbound respectively. Using BOS as the sales city I get the same but at $550.50 or roughly the Euro to USD conversion.

Using the above website the FW poster got $488.47 plus the $16 booking fee with supposedly all taxes included. Of course no fare classes or rules are available via their website. I figure they must have access to some type of opaque fare that isn't listed in ITA as I can't get it to price out via the CY website either.

Comparing a dummy BOS-NRT booking on that website vs. Kayak it misses the lowest United fare although it does identify the second lowest JAL fare.

I assume that Etravco just a website for a consolidator. Anyone have comments or insights they could offer?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.