Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Time to Book Air for 4/08 PHL to Florida

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2007, 11:09 am
Original Poster

Question Best Time to Book Air for 4/08 PHL to Florida

We are cruising out of Miami in April 2008. We need to book air from Philadelphia. We can either fly to Miami or Fort Lauderdale. When is the best time to book this? Southwest does not even have flights available that far out yet. I looked up American and so far they had the best rates but I have noticed that those rates are climbing. Do you think I should hold out for Southwest or USA3000??
Old Aug 5, 2007, 11:33 am

Programs: DL, AA
Farecast doesn't look out that far, but it seems the current sub-$200 fares for April are a pretty good deal.

If you decide to wait, sign-up for the farecompare alert service.

OT: As a side note, based on the many 'missed the boat' threads, I hope you are flying down the day before your cruise rather than risking a problem the day your ship leaves.

Good luck finding a flight & enjoy the cruise!
Old Aug 5, 2007, 12:50 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the reply. I think I will do as you say and sign up for the farecompare.

We are actually flying out Friday and cruising on Sunday. I totally agree, I like getting there early...rather safe than sorry!! Our neighbors are going on the same cruise and flying in the same day, that's too nerve racking for me!!
Old Aug 5, 2007, 12:55 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
You may also want to check with your cruise/travel company to see if you can get a deal with them. Oftentimes, they offer great addon flights that have a nice discount.
Old Aug 5, 2007, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would suggest booking 3 months in advance, hence sometimes in Jan. Apr can get crowded with many college students on spring break. However if you found a hot deal before then, of course it's something not to be overlooked.
Old Aug 5, 2007, 5:43 pm
Original Poster

Thanks so much for the suggestions! I really apprectiate it.
Old Aug 5, 2007, 6:06 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
When I was cruising, my strategy was book the air with the cruiseline if it was less expensive then I could get now.

At the time you were not committed to that until like 30 days before the trip, so I would keep checking, and if the rate I could get came down, I would book the lower rate, and cancel the cruise line air.

Most of the time it was way less expensive to book it ourselves, usually saving enough to pay for a hotel and get in the day before, and still have money left over.

Don't think there's any rhyme or reason to when they will be lowest.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.