Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Hot Towels- what do you do with them after use?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Towels- what do you do with them after use?

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2007, 4:41 pm

Programs: MP, 1K 1MM
Since few hotels seem to supply wash-cloths ("flannels" to you Brits) we've taken to hoarding the very thin ("chetif" comes to mind) terry-cloth "hot"(-ish) towels UA hands out, and using them at our travel destination. There they get tossed.
The towels Thai hands out, in biz at least, are of very high quality cotton; THOSE go home and occasionally find their way in luggage on other trips.
Old May 7, 2007, 1:27 am

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Originally Posted by IceTrojan
You mean nobody tries to put it on the person's head in front of you without them noticing?
Aha... I should have known that was you! Thanks a lot. I was finally having a good hair day before that soggy towel landed on the back of my head.
Old May 7, 2007, 1:28 am

Originally Posted by CPRich
Afraid whatever's on your hands are going to get on the armrest? That's going to happen as soon as you touch it.
Shhh. What the OP doesn't know can't hurt (or infect) him.
Old May 7, 2007, 1:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by oklAAhoma
Aha... I should have known that was you! Thanks a lot. I was finally having a good hair day before that soggy towel landed on the back of my head.
The sheer gleam on the back of your head suggested that you needed the help
Old May 7, 2007, 2:24 am

Originally Posted by IceTrojan
The sheer gleam on the back of your head suggested that you needed the help
Eek. Are you saying the headrests are so dirty the stuff on them makes the back of my head gleam? And you didn't offer to wipe the gunk off the seat for me... after all we've been through together?

Fine then, but don't be surprised if there's no room for the Kelly Hu pics next time you're looking for a place to hang them.
Old May 7, 2007, 3:07 am

Originally Posted by jk2317
I throw them at the FA.
I just throw them into the aisle.
Old May 7, 2007, 3:17 am

Programs: BA, UA
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
One was a pop star in the sixties who by this time was a successful businessman. I remember finding him pretending to clean the lav and calling us "Ma'am"!

Long time ago!
I have no preference to what I do with the towels, but I know what BA do. They put them in the wash again as they've been doing with the same towels since the 60s.
Old May 7, 2007, 3:47 am

I've actually seen a passenger on an African airline neatly fold up her hot towel after use and put it into the sick bag, which she then put into her carry-on and took home. The scariest part was that she asked the man sitting next to her if he would mind giving his used towel to her as well, but he politely declined.
Old May 7, 2007, 4:10 am

Programs: ME, EK, LH, IC
9 times out of 10, I ask for a cold towel. Once I'm done with it, I fold it and put it next to me until the FA comes around and picks it up (I actually place it in the tray).
Old May 7, 2007, 5:13 am

Programs: DL SM
I usually take my shoes and socks off, and use the hot towels to clean between my toes.

Oh wait, maybe this belongs in the "disgusting things people do with their feet" thread.

Old May 7, 2007, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by 1995hoo
I set one on the ottoman last week when the steward took too long to come around and collect them.
ehem, it's oto-person! After all, we ARE supposed to be politically correct.

BTW, when people here say "they set them on the armrest" why do that? Why not just hang it on the table even if it's upright? Are you in the aisle seat or do you want to get your sleeve all clammy when you forget it's there and have to rest your elbow? I just very quickly flick mine backwards at full speed and don't look back. Somewhere back in lilke seat 30F you hear "HEY!!!!!!!!!" and then we in the front giggle and go on with the flight

MM
Old May 7, 2007, 8:09 am

Programs: JAL Global Club & oneworld Sapphire, ANA SFC & Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by The Truth Commission
I usually take my shoes and socks off, and use the hot towels to clean between my toes.
Really?? Me too! Right before I wipe my armpits with them and then spit into them a couple of times.
Old May 7, 2007, 8:47 am

Programs: AC, SWA, AA, NWA, EVA
I flew on a flight to Asia, and the couple across the aisle were taking their shoes and socks off and washing their feet. I'm sure it felt good to them, but it did bother me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.