Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

What is the corporate travel policy for Walmart?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is the corporate travel policy for Walmart?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2007, 8:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32
That could still be the result of being flooded by faxes, day and night, even from their existing vendors.

I know of a disgruntled vendor (back in the day when long distance 800 phone calls cost the recipient money) who created a loop of black paper and set it to FAX all night long every night. That really did cost a lot of money for a company who had an 800 FAX number.
Old Apr 22, 2007, 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by Doppy
That's a good point, but not the reason cited. This was in a Harvard case study I read a few years ago. It said that WalMart tried to "save money" by cutting down on the number of faxes it received, so even existing suppliers had to call for permission in advance so that WalMart could decide whether the fax was a worth the cost (i.e. paper and toner) on a case by case basis.
Let's hope WMT has caught up with the times and invested in a copy of RightFax. Jeebus.
Old Apr 22, 2007, 8:45 pm

Programs: UA AU MM,HH Diamond,Hyatt Globalist , Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Punki
The maximum 2007 mileage rate approved by the IRS is $.485.

AFAIK, no employer is required to reimburse any mileage expense.

Any employee can deduct the maximum mileage rate (or the difference between the maximum mileage rate and any amount that his/her employer might reimburse) on his/her imcome tax return.

It is not all that unusual for an employer to reimburse an amount less than the maximum and allow their employees to deduct the difference.
Thanks Punki, It is maximum (emphasis mine). It has been about 6 months since I've been reimbursed, so it may have gone up a cent or two this year.

Originally Posted by blort
Let's hope WMT has caught up with the times and invested in a copy of RightFax. Jeebus.
We have email now too! (well, not every employee, but quite a few)
Old Apr 23, 2007, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, Delta Plat
You might have to wear your blue vest whilst traveling.
Old Apr 24, 2007, 1:02 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
SO happy I don't work for such a cheapskate company.
Old Apr 24, 2007, 2:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by LongingForORD
in my last job, i worked as a supplier for wal-mart for 8 years. as of 3 years ago, for international travel they were allowed to fly in business. also, they did not have to share rooms overseas, and the hotels were usually good business hotels.

domestically, is a different story. they have to share rooms in some really low end hotels, travel coach on commercial planes or fly on corporate planes (that were ususally very small and no frills). they got a very small per diam (maybe $35 a day). they also did not get to keep any miles earned on business travel.

not sure if any or all of this still holds true, but hopefully this is the information you are looking for.

ps: being vp level does not ususally change the policies.
pps: i just re-read your original post and saw you are based outside the US, I am not sure if any of the above will apply outside of the US.

see, THIS is when "free" is NOT good.
it's also what makes that skeptical neighbor or family member who knows I have a passion for the FT game roll their eyes at me saying it cannot be as good as I tell 'em...

MM

and, for what it's worth, I still think Walmart basically stinks. (I'm also convinced the one in my area is only hiring stupid people) No offense to the OP or his wife, but in my opinion, if you or someone you know choses to work there, then this is doing a disservice to our entire future as a society. Assuming she is smart I would consider declining gracefully and getting something else. Sure, we need a job and to pay the bills, but something tells me that there's a relationship between what we choose and what we end up needing to deal with later on in life.

Sorry.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.