Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

What countries do you never wish to travel to even though you have never been before?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What countries do you never wish to travel to even though you have never been before?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2007, 8:12 am
Suspended
Original Poster

what countries are so bad or dull in your opinion, from what you have read and heard, that you refuse to travel there even if plane tickets are right in front of you?

for me it is colombia - it is simply too dangerous.
Old Mar 22, 2007, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Iraq and Haiti.
Old Mar 22, 2007, 8:19 am
Suspended

Philippines .
Old Mar 22, 2007, 8:20 am

Programs: UA1K/RCC, Avis CHM, NWA Plat, SPG Plat
To the OP: I'd say Mars; the atmosphere just isn't what it used to be...

Last edited by obscure2k; Mar 22, 2007 at 9:30 am Reason: reference to deleted post
Old Mar 22, 2007, 8:24 am
Suspended

Never say never: Iraq is the the birthplace of civilization and there is quite a bit of history I would like to see firsthand. I'm a big Gilgamesh fan. I am hoping that 20-30 years from now they will get things under control so tourists can visit.

I would go with Chad. I have looked at tourism websites about Chad and it just doesn't seem worth it in any way.
Old Mar 22, 2007, 8:43 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, QF (currently some base metal), LH, Star Alliance, CSA
I would go anywhere !!
But I would probably need a real incentive to go somewhere where there were Travel Advisories which would give my travel insurance a get-out clause.
Old Mar 22, 2007, 8:52 am

Programs: EVA (diamond), A3, BMI, VN
Originally Posted by dimramon
Congratulations on being the first!
To the OP: I'd say Mars; the atmosphere just isn't what it used to be...
Damn... if I knew I there were congratulations going around, I'd have made more of an effort! (^ ^ )

Answer: The Republic of China. I think its a never-never land. I find myself on Taiwan though.
Old Mar 22, 2007, 8:56 am

Programs: UA, NW
Countries where there's a war, whether with conventional military forces or guerillas, going on. Exactly what those countries are varies from year to year.
Old Mar 22, 2007, 9:25 am

I don't really know...any place there is a lot of greenery I guess...
Old Mar 22, 2007, 9:26 am

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
Israel...

...the history is fascinating but the randomness of the violence is what is off putting..though i have to admit its gotten alot better as of late.
Old Mar 22, 2007, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Costa Rica. I just don't care about the scenery, and whoremongering with a sequence of 14 year old girls at the Hotel Del Rey is not my idea of a fun vacation, no matter how inexpensively they can be sodomized.
Old Mar 22, 2007, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by HomerJ
...the history is fascinating but the randomness of the violence is what is off putting..though i have to admit its gotten alot better as of late.
I went right as the intifada started to escalate. A bunch of people on our tour dropped out for fear of terrorism, but honestly, once you're on the ground, you feel sa safe as you would at home. TV and reality are starkly contrasted there. I might go back soon--great beaches and rich history. Nice eye candy too.
Old Mar 22, 2007, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Hmmm, Id have to say much of the middle east turns me off because stories I have heard about Egypt, for example, involve tourists being led to believe the food they are eating is commonplace, when in fact it's blended slop that would make ur anoos burn like mouth of rabbid dog Pretty much any place that makes my ars hurt after eating something there or drinking the water is off me list, mates!

MM
Old Mar 22, 2007, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by ElmhurstNick
Costa Rica. I just don't care about the scenery, and whoremongering with a sequence of 14 year old girls at the Hotel Del Rey is not my idea of a fun vacation, no matter how inexpensively they can be sodomized.
Having just returned, you're missing one of the most beautiful countries on the planet.

Let me know which crime-free, perfect countries you've visited recently.
Old Mar 22, 2007, 12:08 pm

Programs: UA GS, SQ PPS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold
I have no particular desire to visit most countries in Africa, with the possible exception of Egypt and maybe South Africa.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.