Grown a beard - passport problem????

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grown a beard - passport problem????

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2007, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I guess some people are meant to have bearded looks and some aren't. I guess am not one of them.
Old Feb 13, 2007, 9:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA/CO(1K-PLT), AA(PLT), QR, EK, Marriott(PLT), Hilton(DMND)
Doha Immigration Officer and Smily pictures

You think beards are a problem?

I arrived in Doha a few days ago and was questioned by a polite but perplexed looking Immigration Officer about why I have a huge smile across my face in my passport picture. I told him I always smile for the camera. He took my Green Card out of the zippy bag I have taped inside my passport and started studying the picture. Again, big cheesy smile. Next, he ordered me to smile, so that he could be sure it was me in the picture. I complied, he stamped my passport and let me through.
Old Feb 15, 2007, 10:17 am

Programs: AA PLT 1MM
My hair and beard are considerably grayer now than in my passport photo. Perhaps this is a good excuse for an application of 'Just for Men' ?
Old Feb 15, 2007, 12:33 pm

I've had no problems since I grew my beard with immigration (my passport is clean shaven). I've been through CDG and NRT recently with the beard.
Old Feb 16, 2007, 1:16 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA Plat
No problems with a beard or other facial hair. I did have a Immigration Agent remark that I looked "heavier" than my passport photo looked.
Old Feb 16, 2007, 5:50 am

Programs: I've got three passports, A couple of visas, Don't even know my real name.
Originally Posted by Quaker325
I'm always most amazed that they never have a problem with folks in their early 20's who had their passport photo taken at age 14 or so-- ten years is an awful lot of aging in some stages of life. Even my picture from when I was 18 looks nothing like me now.
If you look at photos, there are some things you can't easily change about you appearance. The shape of your face, and the position of your eyes. nose and ears for example. Experienced immigration officials will be able to recognise even an old photo of a person.

As an aside, my son got his first passport when he was about 6 months old and it's a 10 year passport. That will wind him up when he gets older!

Since then they have stopped doing 10 year passports for infants, my daughter could only get a 3 year one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.