Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Early Check-out Warning

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2007, 9:14 pm
Original Poster

Early Check-out Warning

I was asked to post this. I recently stayed at one of the top hotels in Cape Town. I booked the reservation through AMEX Travel. I booked the room for 5nights. I checked into the hotel and after 2 nights I decided to check-out early. After the second night I called the hotel front desk at 7am and told them I was going to check out early. The lady at the desk told me she'd have to check to see if there was an early check-out penalty. I told her there was no penalty and as proof I had my confirmation from AMEX with no mention of early check-out penalties. Still, she said she had to check with her manager.

About 2 hours later I get a call from the manager, telling me they're only going to charge me 1 night penalty for early check-out this time.I took a deep breath and told him my faxed confirmation didn't mention early check-out penalties and that the reservationist at AMEX never mentioned this, in addition when I checked in I was never advised that I would be penalized if I left early. I went on to tell him that there are hotels that have early check-out penalties but they always advise guests of this at check-in and his hotel didn't advise me of this. Then he says, "OK, it's fine"

I just want everyone to check and see if your hotel has early check-out penalties just in case!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.