Reload this Page >

Using a Bathroom in a Plane

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using a Bathroom in a Plane

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2006, 9:07 pm

If I could take a book in and not worry about a line forming outside, I would spend the whole flight in the lav.
Old Dec 29, 2006, 9:10 pm

Programs: AC, AA, DL, UA
Originally Posted by pjrice
my pet peeve is when folks wait for the flight crew to start serving drinks and half the plane get up to use the bathroom, and the crew has to constantly push their carts out of the way to let paseengers through!
Maybe because the flight crew starts serving drinks before the fasten seatbelt indicators turn off?
Old Dec 29, 2006, 9:17 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by PhlyingRPh
LOL. I don't think I have EVER used a toilet at Karachi airport (old or new). I think I tried going to the one accross from the McDonalds in Pod 2 but decided I didn't want to experience any exotic aroma's that might be coming from there.
I actually went in once. It is an experience I would not like to repeat in the near future. Plus, the EK/PK onboard washrooms are actually quite nice. ^
Old Dec 29, 2006, 9:30 pm

Programs: BA, DL, AA
Originally Posted by flygirl94
I'm not a doc-but this can't be good for you...
I once had a gal next to me who did not move for the entire 9 hour flight. I kept asking if she needed to go to the toilet as I was on the aisle seat.

I have no issue using it.
Old Dec 29, 2006, 9:37 pm

Programs: DL DM - I made it, for now.
sleep!

I have no fear no inhibition about using the lavs on board, but I did sleep (with no medicinal help) for 12 hours from TLV-JFk about 2 years ago, and never moved. The people on either side of me (I was in the middle of 5) were surprised to say the least as they commented to my traveling companion.
Old Dec 29, 2006, 9:38 pm

I try to not use the lav if possible, but I have on a flight that was 45 minutes. Why? Because I had a tight connection and had to go, but instead of going to the bathroom in the airport and missing my plane I went right to the boarding area.

I mainly don't like leaving my seat because I don't trust other pax, yet I can't bring my stuff w/ me into the lav without looking odd.
Old Dec 30, 2006, 2:58 am

Programs: AF&KL FB(P), LX M&M, IB+
Originally Posted by UKtoUSA
I don't know what it is but ever since i was young, the noise that the toilet makes when you flush it... scares the life out of me!!!!
my feeling exactly! some of them are pretty extreme huh!

and leaves me wondering how the thing actually works? why the meganoise, and how is it all then unloaded? (grateful for any info link or somethin )
Old Dec 30, 2006, 3:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by CaptKornDog
I typically try to avoid the bathroom on flights < 3 hours. On flights longer than that...say to HNL or transcon, I'll probably make a pit stop. And I make it a point to always use the rest room before boarding if time permits.
I don't know how I can do it, but my blader will hold out on a red-eye long haul out of HNL to points west of the Mississippi. Going to HNL is another story, however. I've always got to use the lav at least once.

The one thing that kills me (not literally) when using the lav is when the air gets too dry, a big shock greets me whenever I touch the metal door knob on the lav door.
Old Dec 30, 2006, 5:21 am

Originally Posted by emmaonline
closterfobic felling
Great misspelling by the OP! ^
Old Dec 30, 2006, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by gj83
I try to not use the lav if possible, but I have on a flight that was 45 minutes. Why? Because I had a tight connection and had to go, but instead of going to the bathroom in the airport and missing my plane I went right to the boarding area.

I mainly don't like leaving my seat because I don't trust other pax, yet I can't bring my stuff w/ me into the lav without looking odd.
What do you have in your carryon ... diamonds? Oh wait, there was that thread about worst seatmates. Is your bag full of the Book of Mormon when you get back to your seat?
Old Dec 30, 2006, 7:37 am

Programs: NW SE, AA GLD, Hilton Hhonors, Hertz GLD and Harrah's Diamond!
Something about flying makes me pee.
Pressure changes, I guess.

Oh, and the coffee on Delta makes it worse....
Old Dec 30, 2006, 12:05 pm

Programs: NW Gold and now Delta Gold
They are not always clean on <airline name redacted to protect the guilty but I bet you can figure it out.> On occasion, I've been reminded of how gas station toilets used to be in the 60s. Ick.

Originally Posted by emmaonline
I do give most airlines credit though as they are always clean!
Old Dec 30, 2006, 12:12 pm

Programs: AA, DL Gold, UA Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by jpatokal
Great misspelling by the OP! ^
Don't jump to conclusions. Maybe it's the odd wife.

I have and will continue to use the bathrooms on airplanes, even on the commuter jets.
Old Dec 30, 2006, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by BamaVol
What do you have in your carryon ... diamonds? Oh wait, there was that thread about worst seatmates. Is your bag full of the Book of Mormon when you get back to your seat?
Stuff happens. I try not to give any undue cause.
Old Dec 30, 2006, 12:17 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 100k
Originally Posted by schwarm
If I could take a book in and not worry about a line forming outside, I would spend the whole flight in the lav.
I know somebody who does pretty much that on long flights if he is in the middle seat. Apparently the FAs usually get worried after an hour or so, but he just tells them he has a bad stomach, and they let him be after that. Pretty gross if you ask me, but each to his own.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.