Microsoft Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2006, 2:57 pm
ob1
Original Poster

Programs: United GS
Microsoft Hotel

From Cringely...
"Bill Gates may soon be joining Leona Helmsley and Donald Trump among the world's elite hoteliers. Sir Bill's investment group is part of a consortium bidding to take over the Four Seasons Hotel chain. One can only imagine what may happen if the bid is successful. At the new "Four Seasons Live," room service will be available for just $35 per call, though all food deliveries will be routed through Bangalore. To combat rampant towel piracy, guests will be required to validate their room keys within 15 minutes of checking in or get locked out; the toilets will ask three times if you're really sure you want to flush. Welcome to the Hotel Microsoft: You can reboot any time you like, but you can never leave."

Chuckle chuckle
Old Nov 21, 2006, 3:11 pm

Programs: Northwest Platinum
Originally Posted by ob1
From Cringely...
"Bill Gates may soon be joining Leona Helmsley and Donald Trump among the world's elite hoteliers. Sir Bill's investment group is part of a consortium bidding to take over the Four Seasons Hotel chain. One can only imagine what may happen if the bid is successful. At the new "Four Seasons Live," room service will be available for just $35 per call, though all food deliveries will be routed through Bangalore. To combat rampant towel piracy, guests will be required to validate their room keys within 15 minutes of checking in or get locked out; the toilets will ask three times if you're really sure you want to flush. Welcome to the Hotel Microsoft: You can reboot any time you like, but you can never leave."

Chuckle chuckle
While I appreciate the humor, I do have to point out that there is no such person as Sir Bill.
Old Nov 21, 2006, 3:14 pm

Thanks for a hearty laugh at the end of a long day!

-Chris
Old Nov 21, 2006, 5:27 pm

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
^
Old Nov 21, 2006, 8:44 pm

Programs: Motel 6 Club Avoir Le Cafard
Hi! It looks like you're sleeping right now. Would you like me to...

-- Open the drapes so the sun will wake you at the crack of dawn.
-- Turn on MSNBC real loud.
-- Activate Magic Fingers for a $1.50 service charge.
Old Nov 22, 2006, 3:40 am

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)
hahaha good one!
Old Nov 22, 2006, 3:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BD, QF, QR/EY/GF & HH Gold/SPG, Hertz#1G
Every room will have .net access
Old Nov 22, 2006, 7:30 am

Programs: Virgin FC, Qantas, Golden Circle, Sofitel, Hyatt, Starwood, Nectar, and my Tesco Club Card
Originally Posted by sany2
While I appreciate the humor, I do have to point out that there is no such person as Sir Bill.
He has been given a knighthood, although not taking British nationality I don't think he can be called a Sir.
Old Nov 22, 2006, 10:44 am

Programs: UA1K/RCC, Avis CHM, NWA Plat, SPG Plat
And all of a sudden, at 2AM, your bed will fall apart and the tv will explode without any explanation.
I suggest the Linux hotel, but you have to fabricate your own bed there.
Old Dec 5, 2006, 5:23 pm
ob1
Original Poster

Programs: United GS
Originally Posted by dimramon
And all of a sudden, at 2AM, your bed will fall apart and the tv will explode without any explanation.
I suggest the Linux hotel, but you have to fabricate your own bed there.
Priceless.... no wait that's MasterCard
Old Dec 5, 2006, 5:49 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
lol!
Old Dec 5, 2006, 5:50 pm

Programs: No more status...just doing my best in burning my points/miles.
Originally Posted by ob1
Priceless.... no wait that's MasterCard
When you check into the Four Seasons, you will notice the corporate colors will change to the Blue from the Blue Screen of death.

Nothing in the room will work without restarting and afterwards everything will only work partially or very slowly.

Your room will be bundled with food and be cost inclusive. If you bring any of your own toiletries, you will be sued for piracy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.