Wiki Posts
Search

Interesting Newsweek article

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2006, 8:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, US Air Silver Preferred, BA ExecSilver
Interesting Newsweek article

relating airline travel to what prison inmates suffer and trying to add a little reason to what we all go through.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/14569998/sit...week/?GT1=8404
Old Aug 31, 2006, 9:17 am

Programs: KE Skypass, Morning Calm
Oops. I didn't see this post before I posted the same link in the Newstand forum. It's a good column, though.
Old Aug 31, 2006, 9:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Rampo
Oops. I didn't see this post before I posted the same link in the Newstand forum. It's a good column, though.
Well, the more exposure it gets the better - wouldn't it be nice if the powers that be would see it as well?
Old Aug 31, 2006, 10:40 am

Programs: LH M&M, CX MPC Green
Very interesting. Though as someone of Indian descent, I was horrified by both sides of the KLM incident. The blatant profiling of the individuals (would the same thing had happened if they were not "a suspicious looking race?" and by the passengers' behavior in not turning off cell phones, throwing them around and taunting staff..
Old Aug 31, 2006, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jamoldo
Very interesting. Though as someone of Indian descent, I was horrified by both sides of the KLM incident. The blatant profiling of the individuals (would the same thing had happened if they were not "a suspicious looking race?" and by the passengers' behavior in not turning off cell phones, throwing them around and taunting staff..
I would have to agree that the flying public lacks sensitivity and manners in these times -
Old Aug 31, 2006, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Interesting article; I can see parallels with Marion, IL. I too would love to see this particular thought disseminated widely.
Old Sep 1, 2006, 7:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ContinentalFan
Interesting article; I can see parallels with Marion, IL. I too would love to see this particular thought disseminated widely.
I doubt the airlines would pay much attention - they don't seem too concerned about how their passengers feel about things.
Old Sep 1, 2006, 7:47 am

Programs: delta plat, hilton gold, marriott silver
Whatever happened to the passenger bill of rights floated after the huge snowstorms in dtw several years ago?
Old Sep 1, 2006, 8:03 am

Programs: KE Skypass, Morning Calm
Originally Posted by Bruiser
I doubt the airlines would pay much attention - they don't seem too concerned about how their passengers feel about things.
But it isn't really the airlines - it's TSA and "Homeland Security."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.