Community
Wiki Posts
Search

substitute for regular toothpase to avoid jel/cream/liquid ban

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2006, 6:59 pm

Programs: SW A List Preferred with Companion Pass, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
deodorant

I was told that it was okay to fly with it in Huntsville AL then had it taken by the screeners in Houston. It was an invisible stick by Degree. Nothing like being consistent.
Old Sep 24, 2006, 9:25 pm

toothpowder

Originally Posted by JT8D-217
Another vote for Eco-Dent toothpowder. Works fine.
For the smugglers among us (you know who you are) this site sells all sorts of small travel size products - some legal carry-on, all concealable. heh heh heh ..........
i use Eco-Dent mint toothpowder, not just when i fly, but all the time and really appreciate how it tastes. it leaves a clean feel to the mouth and is easy to use, foams nicely, really no complaints about it. a 2 oz. bottle lasts for MONTHS at a time, so its very economical. the website www.eco-dent.com says it is available at health food stores, but i also found it at amazon.com for real convenience!
Old Sep 25, 2006, 12:49 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Moot point, the ban gets lifted tomorrow, see www.tsa.gov for details on the new restrictions.
Old Sep 25, 2006, 1:30 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Silver VIP, IHG Platinum, SPG Gold
what about 4 oz. of contact lens solution?

Under the new restrictions, TSA is now allowing liquids/gels/creams of 3 oz. or less in carry-on bags. This works fine for things like travel-size toothpaste. However, you used to be allowed 4 oz. of contact lens solution (travel-size) through security before today. Now, the requirement has been scaled back to 3 oz. Problem is the brand I use sells travel-size lens solution in 4 oz. bottles. Will this be a huge issue at security, seeing as they *used* to allow 4 oz. before today's announcement?

Okay, maybe I answered my own question, since this is also still posted on TSA's website:

Essential non-prescription liquid and gel medications up to 4 oz per container (including saline solution, eye care products, and KY jelly)

http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtrav...ted-items.shtm

Last edited by ptpinit; Sep 25, 2006 at 1:34 pm Reason: answered my own question?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.