Wiki Posts
Search

Help! Inter-Italy airfare 3x $ on US site

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2006, 12:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, IC AMB, SPG gold
Help! Inter-Italy airfare 3x $ on US site

I need help beating the system. I'm trying to book a RT flight from FCO to BDS in October. To the best of my knowledge Alitalia is the only airline that flies direct. Airfare on their site is >$600. However, if I pretend I live in Italy or Great Britain, the fare drops to $200+. Can anyone explain to me why there's such a dfferential in price and how I could easily obtain the lower fare?
Old Aug 19, 2006, 12:47 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, LH Senator, VA Velocity Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hilton Diamond
Book online at travelocity.co.uk or expedia.it. Or, you can call the Alitalia number for Italy and ask them to do the res for you. Just tell them that you are in Europe on business and need to buy a ticket. They should give you the EU-listed rate. The telephone number is +39 06 2222. Another option is just to buy online at alitalia.it . If you need help, I am more than happy to translate for you or just do the transaction on your behalf. Auguri e Ciao!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.