Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Do people really change into pajamas?????

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do people really change into pajamas?????

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2006, 2:32 pm

Programs: Lifetime Plat AA, Starwood Plat 100, Hilton Diamond
Thumbs up

I fly LAX-LHR and return at least 4x a year. I find that the J cabin is usually way too warm....so as soon as we're in flight and you can get up, I change into a tshirt and loose beltless casual shorts....when I land I change back, and then usually head to the BA lounge where I shower and change into new undies and socks at the Molton Brown Spa.

Also did the same on the flights I've done to Japan from LAX.

Makes for comfortable flying.
Old Aug 17, 2006, 2:36 pm

I have to agree with everyone else here, changing out of my regular clothes for sleep is really nice and makes it much easier to sleep comfortably. I have only done it once though, on a night flight in SQ F SIN-FRA. I really don't feel like doing it in C, and I have really not seen anyone else doing it in C either.
Old Aug 17, 2006, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by Deimos
I have to agree with everyone else here, changing out of my regular clothes for sleep is really nice and makes it much easier to sleep comfortably. I have only done it once though, on a night flight in SQ F SIN-FRA. I really don't feel like doing it in C, and I have really not seen anyone else doing it in C either.
Well, if the likes of Singapore, Cathay, and especially British hand out pajamas that they think are socially correct for polite first-class company, why wouldn't they be acceptable in the cheap seats as well?
Old Aug 17, 2006, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by jeffreyt
There is nothing better than to get out of your clothes and into Pajamas a long flight in F.
On my flight SFO/SYD in UA's exit row coach, , I changed into my Cathay pj's. The F/A's smiled at me 6 hours later and asked how my snooze was.
Old Aug 17, 2006, 5:29 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I see it done rather often on BA's JFK-LHR flights, and that's one of the shorter transatlantic flights around. Then again, the pajamas are handed out by BA (in F).
Old Aug 17, 2006, 5:35 pm

I will change into PJ's I got when flying SQ F on UA transpacific/transatlantic flights even when traveling in C. As for not seeing many passengers change into PJ's in C, as others have stated they are primarlly handed out to F passengers on non-US flagged carriers. Much nicer arriving into Asia/Europe with a fresh set of clothes.
Old Aug 17, 2006, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
I don't own any PJ's. I just sleep in a tee-shirt in the winter, and buff in the summer. Is that ok in Y, or only in F?
Old Aug 17, 2006, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, Delta Plat
On my transpacs, I wold change before takeoff into a t-shirt and basketball pants. I'd keep a zip up fleece handy in casse it got too cold. I'd change back after breakfast about an hour before landing. I haven't used pajamas, since they don't make footies my size.
Old Aug 17, 2006, 7:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium
I've seen it a lot... but I've never felt the need to join in...
Old Aug 17, 2006, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
I always change on overnight flights. It's uch more comfortable and healthy, not to mention better for your day clothes. @:-) That's why all major premium carriers will provide a PJ in F. ^ When travelling in flatbed C, like on NZ or LH, I'll bring my own PJ. I refuse to fly armchair C, so that isn't an issue. For an upcoming non-premium airline experince in F (LAX-SYD and return on UA), I'll also bring one of my LH or SQ F PJs.

I (and the OP) couldn't (shouldn't) care less what "uneducated" fellow pax with limited scope think or say about changing. If they find it strange, it simply proves that they don't get out much.

Last edited by flysurfer; Aug 17, 2006 at 8:52 pm
Old Aug 17, 2006, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I changed for the first time on LH F DEN/FRA last month. Wow, so much more comfy. And my clothes didn't stink when I arrived (knowing I had another flight, with no showertime @FRA).
Old Aug 17, 2006, 9:09 pm

Question

On flights where PJs are provided, what does one do with one's "regular" clothing? Do the FAs offer to hang them for you? It would seem that absolutely HUGE closet space would be necessary to hang up everyone's clothes!
Old Aug 17, 2006, 9:16 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
Absolutely I do, and the only problem is when you have morning wood....
Old Aug 17, 2006, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA-2MM; GalacticXpress-Irridium
Originally Posted by yyz_atc_qq
Absolutely I do, and the only problem is when you have morning wood....
Old Aug 17, 2006, 9:28 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Gargoyle
I don't own any PJ's. I just sleep in a tee-shirt in the winter, and buff in the summer. Is that ok in Y, or only in F?
Either is fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.