Wiki Posts
Search

Web site fare pricing..........

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2006, 1:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: various
Web site fare pricing..........

Is there any other country that allows their airlines to advertise false fares....right up to the point where your about to pay for them.....then they add a multitude of charges that sometimes double the original cost?

I've bought tickets online in the U.S., Australia and the U.K. and never have I seen misrepresentation of fares like the situation here in Canada.......

I don't care that most of the extra costs are taxes and fees etc, so what it's the cost of the ticket I want. And, by the way, "fuel surcharge" is wholly an airline charge and should, without question, be part of the base fare - not an add on.

Anyhow this really ticks me off.................
Old Jun 12, 2006, 1:54 pm

Programs: AC Basic, UA MP Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, SPG Gold, Amex Platinum
As an example. would you feel better if the airfare for YYC-YVR was $136 plus tax or $186 taxes in. My point is, it does not change the amount of money your going to pay.

From my perspective, I don't see what the big deal is about base fare advertising. The general population knows there are numerous taxes and user fees and adjusts accordingly.

What I think your really hoping for is to fly YYC-YVR for $136 all, and this is an unreasonable expectation given the market conditions and the state of aviation taxation in this country.
Old Jun 12, 2006, 1:56 pm
Founder of FlyerTalk

Common as well in the U.S. Calls from consumer groups has gone unheeded for all these many years.

I have moved this thread to TravelBuzz! where members from other countries s you have requested info for, might be able to comment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.