Wiki Posts
Search

Gate Passes for Guests

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2006, 3:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines Platinum
Gate Passes for Guests

I will be travelling through both SEA and DFW in the coming weeks, and have quite a bit of time awaiting connections.

How difficult is it to get a gate pass for a guest to join me for dinner at one of the airport resturants?

I don't know much about DFW, but I don't think SEA has anyplace outside of the sterile area to sit and chat... Ideas?

Thanks!!
Jace

PS: I'm flying AS to SEA and connecting onto AA to DFW...
Old Apr 10, 2006, 3:39 pm

There are a few restaurants and bars outside of security in SEA. That said, however, I'm unsure if an airline would be necessarily forthcoming in allowing a pass to be given simply so someone could have a meal with a passenger.

Mike
Old Apr 10, 2006, 3:41 pm

I would not worry about it too much, I have never had a problem with an airline (NW in my case) issuing a gate pass. One thing I usually do is walk out of security and go up with the person to the check in desk. If you have status, might be a good time to flash that card as well.
Old Apr 10, 2006, 3:43 pm

Oh I just wanted to add. Usually I just say can you issue a gate pass for my friend. If they ask questions, I usually say something like "I want to meet with her at the Worldclub". The last time I did this, I the check in agent just laughed because we were both standing there in jeans and t-shirts (getting ready to head to France).
Old Apr 10, 2006, 3:43 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by jcerovac
I will be travelling through both SEA and DFW in the coming weeks, and have quite a bit of time awaiting connections.

How difficult is it to get a gate pass for a guest to join me for dinner at one of the airport resturants?
A "meeting" at the lounge -- if you are a lounge member and a "meeting" can be scheduled, preferably at no charge -- is still an option. The refundable ticket path also works to get airside at both.
Old Apr 10, 2006, 4:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz Gold 5*
Who needs a gate pass (as GUWonder implied)?

The person who's meeting you should buy a first class international ticket. Then they can also chill in whatever first lounge there is for the airline, and get a refund after.
Old Apr 10, 2006, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
At DFW, there's nothing inside any of the terminals outside security, but if you can't get the pass, you can dine at one of the on-airport Hyatt hotels. I'd suggest the new one by Terminal D.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.