Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Are You a Window or an Aisle Person?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2006, 7:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Originally Posted by AtomicLush
I am actually surprised by the amount of window-lovers on this board. I always choose aisle when I have the choice.
I've also been surprised by the number of pro-window responses. But I'm glad to hear it, maybe that will mean more aisle seats open for me.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, AA, B6, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG, SPG
In most cases aisle because of more room and it's a bit quiter there. Down side of course is getting my elbows bumped. Twin aisle planes are even quieter in the center section. Red eyes I prefer windows so I can rest my head. This may sound strange, if I have three seats to my self (ultra rare event) I take the middle seat. I became an aisle person on my fourth flight ever and haven't looked back.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 9:37 pm

Programs: Super-Titanium member of the Gate Roach program. :P
Window, because the view never gets old for me.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 9:47 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 2P, Marriott Silver, many others
Definitely a window for me, for many of the same reasons already mentioned:

(1) I can go ORD-LHR without having to go;

(2) I like the view;

(3) If some disturbing needs to be done, I want it on my schedule and not someone else's; and -- not mentioned before --

(4) I'm a meteorologist by training, and even if it's solid undercast as far as I can see I still like to look at the clouds.

Incidentally, I, too, always try to get the shady side of the plane, a habit I started particularly to minimize the old routine of "the people who want to watch the movie that's been cut to ribbons so we can be allowed to show it have more of a right to see it than you have to look out the window, so lower your shade!"
Old Feb 21, 2006, 10:17 pm

Programs: AA Plat / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by oklAAhoma
I've also been surprised by the number of pro-window responses. But I'm glad to hear it, maybe that will mean more aisle seats open for me.
^ What oklAAhoma said!

An aisle seat for me please.
Old Feb 22, 2006, 12:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: NW, UA, Thai Royal Orchid Plus
Originally Posted by martian
This may be selfish, but I would rather wake someone else up to get out, than have someone wake me up. Window anyday.
haha good one

Originally Posted by hockeyguy
I'd really prefer a seat that's both window & aisle, but I can't really afford to be flying int'l F, unfortunately.
Another good one .. I like it

Originally Posted by oklAAhoma
You are my ally, let me know which flight you are taking, I will give you the aisle and you give me the window ok?

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
To add to what I said earlier, here is a picture of the upper deck, and as you can see, the person in front of me is almost in my face.
And after I saw your pic .. I don't know anymore if I should have the window seat .. it would give me a hard time to sneak out as for the fact that I'm going to have someone on my face .. it might happen that I accidently sit on the person's face Oops!

------------------------------------------------------------------------
May

Last edited by IamMayTH; Feb 22, 2006 at 1:06 am
Old Feb 22, 2006, 4:48 am

Programs: Chase Million Miler, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Count me in the window crowd for the reasons mentioned above...

Your daylight flights are my redeyes (I work midnights) so when I'm on the plane, I MUST sleep, and DO NOT wish to be disturbed. I also don't sleep that well, so once I'm out, if awoken, it's hard for me to get back to sleep. I actually slept the entire way through of a DTW-LAX flight the other day. Missed meals and drinks, and I consider that quite a feat

When I am on the redeye, I just don't need to get up, and would rather be the one bothering somebody else.
Old Feb 22, 2006, 6:32 am

Programs: frontier Elite, Hertz PC
I always debate this question. I usually like getting a window seat so I can look out the window and lean against it when I want to sleep. I like the aisle so I can get up without bothering people, but I feel cramped in an aisle seat. The reason is that I have to share the armrest with the person next to me, and I have to keep my aisle arm close to me or else I get bumped when people walk next to me. I guess the aisle is best when I have an empty middle seat next to me. I had the right middle section aisle seat on a UA 747 with no seat mate. That was great.

My favorite seat is a E+ window bulkhead seat in a mainline UA Airbus 319/20. There's so much room that you can get out of your seat without your seatmates getting up.
Old Feb 22, 2006, 7:36 am

Programs: DL GLD, AA PLT, PC PLT, NATL Emrld
Although the question posed is very simple, I find this thread very interesting as to why people justify their seat selection. Personally, I am an aisle rider for short AND long haul flights. For long hauls, I like being able to stand up, stretch, and go for a walk to the end of the plane and back without having to bother people. I have yet to be on a flight where my middle or window seat mate isn't respectful and courteous with their desire to get by.
Old Feb 22, 2006, 9:20 am

Location: (not Montana. Nor is my name really Helena, nor am I female)
Programs: Delta, USAirways, Starwood, Priority Club, Marriott, Amex
Middle seat for me!

Here's a vote for the middle seat. Believe it or not.*

*That is, limited to the instances when I'm flying 3-x-3 aircraft with my daughter, so she can be at the window. Same goes for when I travel with my wife, but she knows how much I value the window, and often insists that she take the middle seat.
Old Feb 22, 2006, 9:22 am

Definitely aisle seat.
Old Feb 22, 2006, 10:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: NW, UA, Thai Royal Orchid Plus
Originally Posted by Helena Handbaskets
Here's a vote for the middle seat. Believe it or not.*
*That is, limited to the instances when I'm flying 3-x-3 aircraft with my daughter, so she can be at the window. Same goes for when I travel with my wife, but she knows how much I value the window, and often insists that she take the middle seat.
Does that mean you really like the middle seat or you just have no choice?
Old Feb 22, 2006, 10:18 am

Programs: United MP
I'm one of those who likes the view. Window always, if possible.
Old Feb 23, 2006, 10:27 am

Location: (not Montana. Nor is my name really Helena, nor am I female)
Programs: Delta, USAirways, Starwood, Priority Club, Marriott, Amex
Originally Posted by IamMayTH
Does that mean you really like the middle seat or you just have no choice?
It means I love the window seat, but I love the chance to experience my daughter's reaction to the window seat even more.
Old Feb 23, 2006, 11:40 am

Programs: Alaska, NW, AGR, much love for WN
In coach--aisle, every time.

Oddly, I am far less choosy in FC. More room and perks make everything seem better.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.