Are You a Window or an Aisle Person?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Are You a Window or an Aisle Person?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2006, 10:03 am

Programs: SPG, UA, MR
Window, no matter how long the flight is - I like the view. And especially if I want to grab some sleep... against the bulkhead.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 10:12 am

Programs: CO silver
Smile Most everytime in C and recently on 777- 17a eco plus

unless you like lap[ dancing lol.. .seriously always doing a balancing act.

Last edited by Sfo-Dub-Commuter; Feb 21, 2006 at 10:15 am Reason: typo error sp
Old Feb 21, 2006, 10:15 am
Suspended

Programs: United 1K, HHonors Gold, MR Gold
I refuse to fly Eco except in an aisle seat (or empty row) - major claustrophobia problem ... and the world's smallest bladder. The only exception I can think of in the last twenty years was a recent flight on Turkish Airlines, where they offered to let us take the earlier flight (giving us more time to make a connection in Istanbul) and I didn't realise until after they'd processed our tickets that they had no aisle seats left. I was with colleagues, so I didn't want to have a meltdown and the flight was less than hour long. And I pleaded my case to a flight attendant and she found me a window seat with the middle seat empty. Still, it was a white-knuckled flight for me.

Aisle seat in Bus Class, too (except I'll go along with window in BA in J), but I don't balk at flying if I don't get it.

Also, I always try to sit on the aisle in theatres etc, and on the side of the conference table with closest access to doors. It's not so much claustrophia (you could put me in a box, as long as I was wedged up beside the door and there was no one in front of me) as a need to have an easy exit.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 10:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
It's simple. No aisle == no fly.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 10:28 am

Programs: UA 1k
Selfish also - I'd rather disrupt somebody else than be disrupted. Also, it give me a little pretend privacy to have a little area that no one but me crosses.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Aisle if the center/window seats are taken, window if aisle and center are open. I just don't want to have to climb over anyone.

I don't think this really a UA topic, by the way.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 10:32 am

Programs: United 1P, Delta GM, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Silver
I really don't care. I must be the only FT'er to have no preference either way.

If you think that's weird...I thought LH Y was comfortable!
Old Feb 21, 2006, 10:41 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Since the op's topic/question is not UA specific, moving to TravelBuzz.

cblaisd
Moderator,
United
Old Feb 21, 2006, 10:53 am

Always a window seat unless the flight is longer than 4hrs.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 11:09 am

Programs: Sixt Platinum, Avis Preferred Plus, Hertz President's Circle, Hilton Diamond
After sitting next to an old lady who had the world's smallest bladder, it's been the very middle seat for me since I'm in possession of the world's largest bladder.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 11:10 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, AAdvantage Gold, Air Canada Elite, Avis Pref Select, Hertz Gold,
Aisle...

I'm diabetic (non insulin-dependent). Part of the deal is I have to drink lots of liquids to stay hydrated and "flush" excess blood sugars. Of course, when you drink lots of liquids.....well, you know....

All that said, I still prefer the aise, even if I didn't have to get up from time to time.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Deltaworst Peon Level, TSA "Layer 21 Club", NW WP RIP
You can always fly the CO connection on the Beech 99.

Every seat is an aisle seat. Every seat is also a window seat. 1 and 1 seating. Since there is no cockpit door, if they leave the curtain open, you also get the front window view. ^
Old Feb 21, 2006, 11:11 am

Programs: UA, AA
Window!

Originally Posted by santarosaflyer
In economy, window. I often sleep on flights and I need the wall to lean against.
Ditto for me.
I rarely get up for a bathroom break. My family used to call me 'The Camel' because I could hold my water for 7 days
Old Feb 21, 2006, 11:13 am

Programs: AA - GLD; MR - GLD;
window let me be and sleep.. i usually also hit the restrooms before my flight so not to bother any one.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 11:19 am

Programs: *A, BAEC -Gold
Originally Posted by pacoocap
Window, no matter how long the flight is - I like the view. And especially if I want to grab some sleep... against the bulkhead.
^ Same here.

Got a flight from ATL-LHR in a few weeks time and requested an aisle seat - will let you guys know what its like

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.