Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Major Carriers Causing Delays on Purpose?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2005, 11:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta MM

"... In fact, the evidence shows the major carriers are creating the delays on purpose."

LINK TO ARTICLE
Old Jul 27, 2005, 5:01 am

Programs: MP Platinum
Very simplistic view of the situation as the article focuses on clusters of departure times at hubs. But leaving late isn't the issue. It is arriving late that matters.
Old Jul 27, 2005, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Uhh... well, the airlines schedule the flights at time when people actually want to fly. It would really cut down on congestion if airports spread out the flights onto a 24 hour schedule, but not many people want to fly from Dallas to LAX at 3:12AM.

Spreading out the schedules would be less efficient for the airlines, and it would just mean longer layovers for pax. That's not an improvement.

And good point yogi - the on time record is based on the time the flight arrives, not departs. Who cares if the flight departs late so long as you get there when you planned to?
Old Jul 27, 2005, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What annoys me is when they leave early! I've had it happen, and it's no fun.
Old Jul 27, 2005, 3:07 pm

Programs: UA; Amtrak
Not all that long ago when the talk was all about US depeaking PHL and AA depeaking DFW, I seem to recall the papers were scolding the airlines for making transferring passengers wait 2 or 3 hours in a terminal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.