Community
Wiki Posts
Search

entertainment book

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2005, 8:48 pm
Original Poster

entertainment book

I am not sure if this is the right place for this,please move it if it is not, does it make sense to buy 2005 entertainment book now since its good til Nov 05 and is it worth it in opinion of people who have bought it. In that case i will buy the 2006 too. Thanks for any opinions and info.
Old Jul 22, 2005, 8:55 pm

Programs: PC: Platinum, DL: PM, National: Exec
depends on whether or not you would get more in savings by buying it now. You can also find several places (mypoints.com) where they will give you the 2005 free if you buy the 2006.

Personally, I know I will use the coupons enough to make it worth my while. I bought a second one last week because it had some coupons I knew I would use.
Old Jul 22, 2005, 9:24 pm

Programs: US, AA, UA, SPG, HHonors, PC
The book for my area has coupons for the grocery store my wife and I shop at. It's $5 off per month. (For a full year that's $60 off--more than double the cost of the book). If your book has this then you could get $20 off for the rest of the year. If the book is less than $20, it's worth it.

Originally Posted by mikita
I am not sure if this is the right place for this,please move it if it is not, does it make sense to buy 2005 entertainment book now since its good til Nov 05 and is it worth it in opinion of people who have bought it. In that case i will buy the 2006 too. Thanks for any opinions and info.
Old Jul 22, 2005, 9:57 pm
Original Poster

entertainment boo

Originally Posted by XStAnt
The book for my area has coupons for the grocery store my wife and I shop at. It's $5 off per month. (For a full year that's $60 off--more than double the cost of the book). If your book has this then you could get $20 off for the rest of the year. If the book is less than $20, it's worth it.

I do not see grocery coupons in our book that would have been agood reason to buy.But has anyone reserved the 2006 book and got 2005 book free.I am not sure if i want it every year, when they have your credit card and they keep sending you every year automatically.Any experiences. thanks
Old Jul 22, 2005, 10:41 pm

Programs: Inf Elite CO, lifetime AA Platinum
Is it worth it?

Originally Posted by mikita
We recently saved $50 in United Airline tickets and $300 in Carnival cruises with the book. Quite a book even if that is all that we used.
Old Jul 23, 2005, 1:24 am

It is definitely a deal. National coupons in it are priceless.
Old Jul 23, 2005, 2:27 am

Programs: QF Gold
Does the Chicago book have a good selection of coupons for fast food and pizza places.

In in chicago for 1 month and i will need to get lunch everyday. Also want to try out heaps of places we dont have here in Australia
Old Jul 23, 2005, 2:51 am

2005 books are $9.99 (+$5 shipping). That's $15. Pretty easy to find $15 worth of savings in 2-3 months. Some of the car rental coupons are valid til June 2006 too. Good deal all around.
Old Jul 23, 2005, 3:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
By the way, after a rough calculation, we received the book in May and have saved a total of $100 so far. There are still many months till November...
Old Jul 23, 2005, 5:59 am

Have a place that you need to use Hotwire for? That coupon alone in the 2005 book is worth $30.
Old Jul 23, 2005, 6:06 am

Programs: HH Gold, MR Silver, PC Platinum, CC Gold
davem4, it has been my experience that most of the coupons are buy one, get one free or reduced. If you are going to be eating lunch alone while in Chicago, it probably isn't for you. You can preview the coupons on the website before you buy.
Old Jul 23, 2005, 6:41 am

Programs: QF Gold
Originally Posted by vickiburton
davem4, it has been my experience that most of the coupons are buy one, get one free or reduced. If you are going to be eating lunch alone while in Chicago, it probably isn't for you. You can preview the coupons on the website before you buy.
I'll eat 2 things just because its better value :-P

I'll check out the website to see whats in it.

I'll most likly buy dinner for my aunt and uncle a fair bit, so hopefully there are pizza coupons :-P
Old Jul 23, 2005, 8:04 am
Original Poster

entertainment book

Hi, Any ideas how long it takes to receive one? I was thinking of using the entertainment card for Holiday Inn and Crowne Plaza hotels next week and again in nov.2005 Is the 2005 book entertainment card good for end of Nov 05 or is it better to buy (reserve) the next years and get free 2005. I am still trying to figure out if anyone has done the advance reservation like last year or something and had any problem if you want to cancel. Thanks
Old Jul 23, 2005, 9:01 am

Programs: dont matter anymore...
This really doesn't have anything to do with miles or points, or even Travel (except the Travel coupons). I'll move it over to TravelBuzz.

Regards,

Flipside
Old Jul 23, 2005, 9:11 am
Original Poster

entertainment book

Originally Posted by flipside
This really doesn't have anything to do with miles or points, or even Travel (except the Travel coupons). I'll move it over to TravelBuzz.

Regards,

Flipside

Sorry about it. I wasnt sure where it belongs. Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.