Wiki Posts
Search

The story of 2 dogs and a rabbit

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2005, 5:21 pm
Original Poster

Question The story of 2 dogs and a rabbit

Hello to all,

I have a story of two dogs, a rabbit and a girlfriend in England, all of which I need arrange to move over here. Where to start!?!?!?!?

We are flying out of Manchester England and want to use BMI. This much we know. I am flying over to England for a few days to help her tie up some loose ends and get the animals ready for travel. We have the kennels picked out. http://www.doggiesolutions.co.uk/erol.html#280x0&&
We need to get two of the size #5's for the dogs which are Boxers and a size #1 for the rabbit.

We want to book through Oribitz or Expedia. We have done this before where we coordinate return flights together. How do we arrange for the animals with BMI? Has anybody traveled from England to US, specifically LAX with pets? Where do we drop off in Manchester and pick up in LAX? She has the animals chipped and all their currents papers and shots. I am looking for somebody that has a little experience with this for some direction.

Thanks for the help! Have some fun.....

Shaq_Diesel: All you jealous punks can't stop my dunks!
Old Jul 16, 2005, 6:41 pm

As far as i am aware, BMI dont fly as far as LAX, you will have to change somewhere along the way. I think BMI 'partner' with United, so you might want to check the requirements for carrying pets with the other carrier.
As long as the Dog's and Rabbit have the right paperwork and carrying box's approved by both airlines, i doubt there will be a problem.
One point to mention, if your girlfriend is 'movint' to the US, as it will appear she is doing by bringing her pets, does she have Visa's etc?
Good luck with the trip!

PS I'm doing something similar with a 1938 motorcycle and you should see the paperwork for THAT!
Old Jul 16, 2005, 7:24 pm

Looks like you started a similar thread on this --

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=441586

I think if you do some searches of FT you will find a lot of links and info on transporting pets. Good luck.
Old Jul 16, 2005, 8:04 pm

Programs: BA silver, LH ex-sen
IIRC very small animals might be able to go with you in the cabin, thinking here of your rabbit. For animals in cargo, be careful when the weather is hot
Old Jul 19, 2005, 11:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ALadyNCal
Looks like you started a similar thread on this --

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=441586

I think if you do some searches of FT you will find a lot of links and info on transporting pets. Good luck.

Opps.....forgot about that one

It's been awhile! Thanks for the reminder and the link.......

Shaq_D

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.