Wiki Posts
Search

Reporter looking to talk to extreme long-haulers

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2005, 5:16 pm
Original Poster

Reporter looking to talk to extreme long-haulers

This just in:

"I am a writer for Business 2.0 Magazine, looking for people to serve as experts in my story on “How to survive an 18-hour flight.” If you complete such long flights on a semi-regular basis, I would love to speak with you. The story will focus on concrete, hands-on advice from business people like yourself who make these flights regularly – when to sleep, how to get the most rest, how to use the time on the plane productively, etc. If you have some tips you could provide and wouldn’t mind taking 20 minutes out of your day for a phone interview early next week (week of June 6), I would love to hear from you. (I’m on a very tight deadline.) Please e-mail me directly at [email protected]. I am a freelance writer on this assignment, which is why I do not have a “business2.0” address. Please indicate in your reply a good phone number where I can contact you, when to try and reach you, how often you make these flights, and your title/company. Thanks for your help. I look forward to hearing from you."

-Ryan Brandt
c: 603-799-3523
Old Jun 7, 2005, 3:36 pm
Original Poster

Bumping because he still needs interviewees.
Old Jun 7, 2005, 3:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
While I don't meet the criteria - I may suggest posting in some of the airline FF program forums under "Miles & Points." United, British Airways, Qantas and Singapore forums may be a good place to start. A lot of FF here check those pages far more frequently than Travel Buzz. I just happened to stumble on to this since I was looking for something non-flight related.

Good luck.
Old Jun 7, 2005, 3:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
I'd definitely suggest trying the SQ Forum...several FTers there who frequent the LAX-SIN/SIN-LAX and EWR-SIN/SIN-EWR nonstops. It doesn't get longer than those flights...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.