Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Have you ever been the only passenger in First Class?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Have you ever been the only passenger in First Class?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2006, 1:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
On SQ F SIN-BKK. ^
Old Aug 21, 2006, 5:34 am

Originally Posted by ncorman
Late Sept 2001, flying LAX-SAN. There was one or two Shuttle flights that did that route for positioning of the 737. There may have been 4 people on the entire plane, but with the 1k status and the Shuttle policy I was the only person up front. The safety demo was interesting as it was directed towards me only.
Some years back, I was shutteling on SK metal between CPH and CDG some 3 times/week, all in C (there's no F on SK). Often, same crew, often with me as only C. After the first weeks, when I was alone in C, the FA would simply come by and say "Anything you've forgotten?" with a big smile, then go on do whatever it is FAs do in the pantry before takeoff.....

One thing they didn't learn, though, was that when flying out at 7AM, I do really really not want champaign as "welcome drink", but a cup of coffee would be really nice.....
Old Aug 21, 2006, 7:19 am

Yes, two weeks ago, when my wife and I checked in for a Thai flight back from BKK to LHR. We were the only two people in the 10 seat F cabin. Bliss.
Old Aug 21, 2006, 1:44 pm

Programs: M&M basic / happy Wizzair+ user :-)
Hello,

yes, once ZRH-JNB with LX (MD11 F); once IST-PEK with TK (2-class-A340, C) and once I even had the entire plane for me (LH-737 MUC-ZRH).

Due to bad weather and turbulence there was no service possible on the latter, so I got a whole breakfast before take-off...

Patrick
Old Aug 21, 2006, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
A couple of times. Both in IB Domestic Business Class, first time we were the only paying passengers. The couple in the third row were deadheading crew. Second time was a group of us, all Flyertalkers BCN-AGP. Service was well, lacking!

Never internationally, sadly, although on one BA F flight I did have the starboard side of the plane, and that FA, to myself for a few hours. Then a couple of people from the port side in the centre seats migrated...
Old Aug 21, 2006, 2:18 pm

Programs: AA Gold, DL FO, HH Diamond
July 4, 2006. First flight of the day (6-something, I can't remember the exact time), LGA-MEM.
Old Aug 21, 2006, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
I was one of the first LAX/EWR flights after 9/11: I was one of three in FC on a B767. I am also surprised how many empty seats that there are on some AA flights.
Old Aug 21, 2006, 7:29 pm

Location: Somewhere west of the Atlantic Ocean and east of the Pacific Ocean...
Programs: Elite of none; flyer of many
This summer on LOT, flying LHR-WAW-IST on both segments I was the only passenger in business class (737-500 and EMB-170)...the LOT f/a's were definitely unmotivated and slightly lazy so it didn't really make much of a difference...they were probably thrilled that C was so empty, less work for them to do...
Old Aug 21, 2006, 7:57 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Yes.

Years ago, I was a passenger on Delta Air Lines from Atlanta to John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York in First Class on an aircraft that still had three classes of service.

This aircraft was apparently going to be used on an international flight.

I had the entire First Class cabin to myself, as well as several flight attendants attending to my every whim.

Now that was truly First Class service, and it was quite awesome...
Old Aug 21, 2006, 10:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Last year I was the only passenger on a US BWI-CLT flight on a 737. I sat up front in my favorite 2D.
Old Aug 22, 2006, 2:17 am

In 2005, I was the only passenger in First on an otherwise packed-to-the-gills 747 from Beijing to Shanghai on Air China. The service was professional and attentive (as has been my experience with other Chinese airlines), and the breakfast was tasty and plentiful to the point of overgenerous. IFE was poor (only three working channels, two with no subtitles other than Mandarin). But for a 2-hour domestic flight (no-doubt connecting elsewhere...A 747 for a 1000-mile hop?), I'll cut them some slack. Though if that had been a transpacific flight, it would be another story indeed.
Old Aug 22, 2006, 4:44 am

Programs: UA 1K, CO Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by ORD4R
Once on TWA from Kansas City to Saint Louis, I was the only person on the airplane, once again it was the last flight of the night on a Sunday from MCI to STL. Even though I had a coach ticket, they moved me to first class. 3 FAs to myself was a very nice flight indeed.
I used to fly the MCI - STL and STL - MCI route on TWA all of the time in the early 90's and twice I was the only person on the plane. Free drinks!
Old Aug 22, 2006, 7:28 am

Once had first class to myself on one of Northwest's Avros. Guess that explains the free upgrade. ^
Old Aug 22, 2006, 9:47 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA, DL
My wife and I were the only ones in first on BA LHR-BLR around Christmas last year. My wife eats only veg, and they had removed the only veg entree. The purser created a special dish for her, combining several types of pastas. The level of service was extraordinary.

Better yet, I was originally booked in J and she was in F (she was on miles, I was on the company's tab). Right before takeoff the FA came back and asked me if I'd like to join my wife in the F cabin.

Come to think of it, that was an amazing trip. I got op-upped on the BLR-LHR leg back (business was full) as an AA EXP, and I used an eVIP to upgrade the AA leg back to the US and had the first cabin all to myself again.
Old Aug 22, 2006, 10:09 am

Programs: AA(EXP), BA, Hilton, Starwood
I was one of 5 passengers in the back of the RDU/LGW 777 - and first and business were both full.

I think I had more room in my 5-across with a dozen blankets, five pillows, and a seatbelt extension.

I know my flight-attendant ratio was better.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.