Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Have you ever been the only passenger in First Class?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Have you ever been the only passenger in First Class?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2006, 2:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Avis President's Club
I was once the only passenger on a RJ flight from BOS-IND. The FA come by once to offer a soda. She spent the whole rest of the flight sitting towards the front sending text messages on her cell phone
Old Aug 20, 2006, 2:47 pm

I've never been the only pax in F; but most of the time I am the best looking pax in F
Old Aug 20, 2006, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mudfish
She spent the whole rest of the flight sitting towards the front sending text messages on her cell phone
And I hope you explained to her that the use of cellular technology is not permitted unless the transmit function is disabled.
Old Aug 20, 2006, 3:20 pm

Programs: UA MM Gold
I was once the only one in F on an IAD-DEN flight with two FAs. They were having fun with me there all by myself and kept filling and refilling my wine glass. I kept drinking it without really thinking about it til I got off the plane in DEN and realized I couldn't drive home!
Old Aug 20, 2006, 3:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat, Hertz P Circle
I was the only person in F (A-fare) on an A319 DFW-DEN on a Friday afternoon. The amazing thing is, this took place just a couple of weeks ago on 8/5, when airlines are reporting record high load factors and revenue. Even the FAs remarked they haven't seen something like this in a while. The other odd thing is, Y was not light, it was fairly full back there. Where were the upgrades?

The connection, DEN-SNA, was completely full as usual. By completely full, it means they took a count of empty seats and filled all of them with standbys.
Old Aug 20, 2006, 3:59 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
I've had a few SQ flights where I was the only one in F. Great service, especially the times (happened twice on different routes) when it was a turnaround flight with same crew each way. As well as the turnaround flights I've had some longer haul ones where only pax in F.
Old Aug 20, 2006, 4:24 pm

I've had a few P.S flights this year where I was the only one in F. Service was usually awesome however a few times F became the jumpseats for the fa's...I've had quite a few F flights (den-bwi 757, ord-bwi, bwi-ord, phx-den*ted swap) with only myself and nrsa's...
Old Aug 20, 2006, 4:34 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Yes I have.But it was avery short hop from GIG to GRU,where the othe 3 seats were filled(VG)
Old Aug 20, 2006, 6:50 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by randomman
I just checked in online for my flight tomorrow on a 757. I went to change my seat, and the entire first class cabin is open. I was in the only seat that had been reserved.

I know that there may be passengers in First without an assigned seat, but it made me wonder if anyone has ever sat alone in a First Class cabin, especially one as large as the 757 (24 seats!).

Randomman
once i wa smoved to first class , no one else was there but me . i paid only 25 for the upgrade .... another time it was emty , i just sat there.
Old Aug 20, 2006, 9:47 pm
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Never on UA--heck, I'm as happy as hell if I can get just an empty seat next to me in F on any flight, and that seems to be rare.

But a few weeks ago from HKG-PVG on China Southern (or was it China Eastern?). Anyway, great flight, great service...Full meal service which I passed on, and the F/As didn't seem to mind as the one time I got up, they were chowing down on what they attempted to bring me.
Old Aug 20, 2006, 9:50 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Since the topic -- "Have you ever been the only passenger in First Class?" -- is not really UA-specific, moving to Travel Buzz.

cblaisd
Moderator, United
Old Aug 20, 2006, 10:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I was once on a flight from GUA to TGU but missed the connection in SAP. It was on, shoot, I can't remember the name of the airline. It's a regional airline and it's logo is a couple of palm trees. Anyway, the flight from GUA arrived late in SAP, and I would have had to spend all day waiting for the next flight to TGU, so they just said to get back on the plane and they flew me all by myself the 20 some minutes to TGU. No first class on the plane, but I could sit anywhere i wanted. That was service.
Old Aug 20, 2006, 10:41 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I'd been waiting my whole flying life to end up in the empty cabin and finally this year on April 29th it happened. Sadly, it was quite anticlimatic. I flew on HP 58, the late ONT-LAS flight. I was the only one in the 12 seat A-320 First Class cabin and was virtually ignored by the flight crew. I recieved a pre-departure drink and then nothing, not even trash collection, during the 35 minute delay. During the flight, the crew sat in their jump seats and talked amongst themselves while I sat reading a book. How unfortunate for me.
Old Aug 20, 2006, 11:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood/Marriott Plat, Others of little note
Originally Posted by randomman
I just checked in online for my flight tomorrow on a 757. I went to change my seat, and the entire first class cabin is open. I was in the only seat that had been reserved.

I know that there may be passengers in First without an assigned seat, but it made me wonder if anyone has ever sat alone in a First Class cabin, especially one as large as the 757 (24 seats!).

Randomman
HKG-SGN last June on a 747, and SGN-HKG was just one other psgr.
Old Aug 21, 2006, 1:11 am

No...never been so fortunate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.