Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Strangest thing found in a hotel room?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2005, 2:47 pm
Original Poster

Strangest thing found in a hotel room?

I got this idea from the other post about the first thing you do in a hotel room.

Nothing too interesting but I've found an extra long lighter and a crack pipe (at a very cheap motel years ago). I broke it and flushed it.

Remnants of a joint (at a nice hotel), which was also flushed.

Seems to be a theme here.
Old Feb 25, 2005, 2:50 pm

Programs: I am an AS employee, but my comments do not represent the company in any official capacity.
I'm told by a friend who flies for FedEx that in hotels where crew often stay - the official hiding place is the ceiling panel directly above the toilet. She says that standing on the commode and pushing up the panel will often reveal all sorts of interesting things left by one crew mate for another...Some of the things she mentioned aren't fit for polite company.
Old Feb 25, 2005, 2:58 pm

Small chinese coin in room safe - Grand Hyatt Hong Kong
Old Feb 25, 2005, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
Automatic shoe buffer at some Marriotts.
Old Feb 25, 2005, 3:16 pm
Original Poster

I'm glad to hear my finds aren't that common. Both hotels were in Tucson, AZ. Hmmmm, I wonder what that says about Tucson? (Or does it say something about the hotels I used to stay at? )

I'll have to start checking the ceiling panels. Thanks for the tip!
Old Feb 25, 2005, 3:16 pm

Programs: AA Plat, AS MVP, HH Diamond, *Wood Plat
Chainsaw under the bed and handcuffs on one of the light fixtures. MP's had removed the occupant as AWOL.

At the time I was the engineering manager for a small hotel.

Strangest request was to help a truck driver repair his prosthetic foot.
Old Feb 25, 2005, 3:41 pm

Oh boy, the extra amenities of B & Bs! Being nosy, I found a pair of handcuffs in the cleaning supplies cabinet in the bathroom....neatly wrapped up in a burlap bag labled "chili sauce".

Mr. RW tells me the bible is frequently found to contain contraband.

Once he noticed specks of blood spatter on the bathroom ceiling fixture. The hotel room was freshly painted. Don't even want to know the story behind that.

RWW
Old Feb 25, 2005, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
A library book, belonging to the Sydney public libraries. Which I was able to return to them in person, a few months later.
Old Feb 25, 2005, 4:54 pm
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
A (solo, female) colleague recently found a pair of (thankfully clean) boxer shorts under her bed covers. She's still no idea how they got there.

Personally, I tend to find a lot of drugs. But then, most of my hotel stays are in Amsterdam. Loose ceiling tiles and cisterns are the places for these.

One nice touch was in the Le Meridien Apollo in Amsterdam. I stay there a lot, and generally recognise and am recognised by staff. One of the nice things they do is leave something to drink (usually a bottle of wine) and some snacks in your room if you're a gold card holder. One member of staff heard that I don't drink alcohol while I was in the bar one evening... It was rather unusual (and very touching) to return to my room the next week and find the table laden with chocolate milk (on ice, mind!) instead...

Last edited by stut; Feb 25, 2005 at 4:58 pm
Old Feb 25, 2005, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
A magazine called Inches. I leave the rest to your imagination. (Unless, of course, you're familiar with it.)
Old Feb 25, 2005, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by stut
One member of staff heard that I don't drink alcohol while I was in the bar one evening... It was rather unusual (and very touching) to return to my room the next week and find the table laden with chocolate milk (on ice, mind!) instead...
Extremely!
Old Feb 25, 2005, 8:34 pm
R
formerly PrePress420

Originally Posted by stut
Personally, I tend to find a lot of drugs. But then, most of my hotel stays are in Amsterdam. Loose ceiling tiles and cisterns are the places for these.
I've stayed at a couple hotels There , and left my 'accoutrements' out. Fearing they would be gone, I've returned to find them lined up neatly on the table. (However, many hotels now prohibit smoking other than tobacco.)
{ I broke no laws while in Amsterdam !}

Strangest thing ? One small five-room hotel There has a double room with a collection of KLM Delft Houses accumulating on a volunteer basis. I donated one. Must be eight now.

In the USA, I've talked to housekeepers who have found money belts , guns , etc, left under pillows. Hint from them: Never hide anything in a drawer, because you will forget and leave it there. Want to find something ? Look in the phone book and see what people use to mark a place and leave behind.
Old Feb 25, 2005, 9:52 pm

The strangest thing that I've ever encountered in a hotel room was another guest - who was as startled by us as we were by her!
Old Feb 25, 2005, 10:01 pm

Programs: United, USAir, Delta, others
A few years ago, while vacationing in Florida, an elderly German Couple found a corpse under their bed!
Old Feb 26, 2005, 7:43 am

Programs: DL GM, Marriott PP, Avis Something or other
Strangest thing...

In the Shamrock Motel in Shamrock, TX in 1974 when I checked in and opened the door there was a very young armadillo staring at me from the middle of the room. He/she agreed to leave and I stayed....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.