Search

Will a TravelPro 22" be rejected?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2004, 2:58 am
dtc
Original Poster

Programs: Restarting life as UA newb; AA Lifetime Gold
Will a TravelPro Crew5 22" be rejected?

I qual'ed for Plat on AA this year finally, and my bag decided to celebrate by dying.

Right now I'm looking at getting the TravelPro Crew5 22" - among other things, it appears to have a handle at the bottom (a killer feature!)

But (there's always a but) the catch is that it is 46" linear. (23" x 14" x 9")

AA policy appears to be 45". I mostly take AA and AS, and regularly use all of their different models of aircraft (757/67/37, MD80, RJ's). Will this bag be automatically rejected at the gate and force me to gate check it? Or can I slide by?

[Updated to say that it is the Crew5 model]

Last edited by dtc; Sep 16, 2004 at 6:24 pm
Old Sep 16, 2004, 7:05 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire Ambassador, Qatar Gold, Etihad Gold, TK Gold, BA Silver, Emirates Silver
I am sure you'll get away with it most of the time. Saying that, I personally don't like these huge bin-busters...this is the reason why we have to rush to board like madmen to secure a space above us.
Old Sep 16, 2004, 8:24 am

Programs: AA Plat
I travel with a 22" Travelpro quite often and have for about 10 years at least. The only times that I can remember having a problem are on BA and small planes. These days I also have an 18"(not a Travelpro) that I often use if I think I may have a problem or if I don't need the larger bag. I don't overstuff my bag and if you do it may not fit in the overhead bin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.