Wiki Posts
Search

Open window shades on overseas flights

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2004, 10:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, US Air Silver Preferred, BA ExecSilver
Originally Posted by cawhite60156
Okay, we get to hear about how we should be courteous for those who prefer the cabin as close to dark as possible... But what about those of us who do like to look out the window as we're flying? Why should we be the ones to do all the giving? I'd definitely be one to vote for there being a "library" cabin for those who wanted quiet & darkness for nearly the entire flight (just please don't make it the front C cabin on the 777, or upper deck on the 747 )

The rule of thumb I've tended to go by (on a redeye transatl) is when the FAs start serving breakfast (I'm usually on a flight that lands around 8:00 a.m.) since the cabin will start getting noisier then anyway.
I agree with all of this - I also like to look out the window and in fact, on a recent flight on SQ from SIN to LHR our flight path was pretty interesting - took us over parts of Afghanistan, Iran, Uzbekistan etc. and since it was a clear day, I wanted to look out of the window and the FAs had no objection.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.