Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bad PAX Habits?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2004, 9:44 am
Original Poster

Bad PAX Habits?

On my way from ATL -> FLL I was having a little nap, only to be awoken to the sound of "Click... Click...".

I looked over only to see this asshat cutting his finger nails. I was completely disgusted. The nail clipping were hopefully going into his lap, but he probably let them spill onto the floor.

I am no pre-Madonna, but do people have any basic manners or class? He could have at least gone into the lav.
Old Sep 4, 2004, 9:58 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
This is probably not a DL specific thread, but should be quite entertaining anyway. My view of bad pax habits:

A.) Bare feet on the bulkhead.
B.) Nasal excavation endeavors (how's that for a euphemistic approach?)
C.) Hawking up a hairball.
D.) Those who lift their cheek and let one rip thinking they're being so discreet
E.) Cleaning out toe jam
F.) Cleaning out ear wax (some foreigners keep their pinky nail quite long to assist in this and other excavation activities
G.) Popping zits

These are some of the things that I detest, and I am not pre-Madonna either.
Old Sep 4, 2004, 10:22 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles PM
I am told that even humans produce about 10 liters of flatus each day, even in the most polite of circles.
Old Sep 4, 2004, 12:44 pm

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
Originally Posted by RobertS975
...I am not pre-Madonna either.

"This guy is falling! This guy is falling!"
Old Sep 4, 2004, 12:44 pm

pre-Madonna
Cher?
Old Sep 4, 2004, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by RobertS975
D.) Those who lift their cheek and let one rip thinking they're being so discreet
Would you rather they not be discreet?
Old Sep 4, 2004, 7:40 pm

Programs: DL GM, CRC, HHS
Cher is good, how about Tina Turner?

Originally Posted by UpgradeMe
Cher?
Old Sep 4, 2004, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Simply The Best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Sep 4, 2004, 10:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K; VA Gold; QF Gold; HHonors Gold; Marriott Gold; National ExecElite
How about this?

Biz class to the UK, pax in the seat next to me was sleeping and started to snore rather loudly. As if that weren't bad enough, rolled over on his side (a really uncomfortable position I felt in the pre-flat-bed days) and flopped is arm over on to my seat with his hand reaching my chest, like I was his pillow or something. Fortunately, FA saw this, came over and moved his arm. We had a laugh about it after landing.
Old Sep 5, 2004, 9:39 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

No, no, no...the worst has to be having a seatmate repeatedly pull hairs out of his head and eat them.
Old Sep 6, 2004, 4:00 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG,
Nail polish remover

Then the polish. PHEWWW and isn't it a flamable liquid?
Old Sep 7, 2004, 8:16 am

My husband is a magnet for seatmates that want to keep the reading light on. The overnight flight will be dark except for his row. This goes on for the entire flight. It would be OK if it was just a few hours, but not the whole flight.
Old Sep 7, 2004, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Formerly HPN, but then DCA and IAD for a while, and now back to HPN!
Programs: Honestly, I've been out of the travel game so long that I'm not even sure. Maybe Marriott Gold?
Originally Posted by Amanda
My husband is a magnet for seatmates that want to keep the reading light on. The overnight flight will be dark except for his row. This goes on for the entire flight. It would be OK if it was just a few hours, but not the whole flight.
I guess I never thought of this as "rude". On many overnight flights, I've been unable to sleep (for various reasons - jet lag, uncomfortable seat, etc.). Am I supposed to just sit in the dark for the entire flight, or is it permissible for me to turn my reading light on to get some work done, or to enjoy some reading material? I figured that it's "my" light, so if I want to read, I do. But now I'm wondering if I'm imposing externalities on other passengers. What's the thinking on this?
Old Sep 7, 2004, 9:33 am
JS
Suspended

Programs: DL Gold Medallion; UA Premier Executive; WN sub-CP; AA sub-Gold
Originally Posted by dchristiva
I guess I never thought of this as "rude". On many overnight flights, I've been unable to sleep (for various reasons - jet lag, uncomfortable seat, etc.). Am I supposed to just sit in the dark for the entire flight, or is it permissible for me to turn my reading light on to get some work done, or to enjoy some reading material? I figured that it's "my" light, so if I want to read, I do. But now I'm wondering if I'm imposing externalities on other passengers. What's the thinking on this?
Of course not. Luckily it's considered rude only in the selfish virtual world of FlyerTalk.

In the real world, most people are perfectly capable of sleeping without requiring blackout conditions.
Old Sep 7, 2004, 9:43 am

Programs: AA and Marriot
Originally Posted by dchristiva
There is nothing wrong with keeping your light on. I won't be happy about it and I'll be tempted to hit the eject button for your seat , but it's not rude and I will deal with it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.