Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bad PAX Habits?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2004, 10:26 am

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by MileageAddict
No, no, no...the worst has to be having a seatmate repeatedly pull hairs out of his head and eat them.
Eating hairs? Thats awful...

I can not stand the sound of the nail file, sends shivers down my back...
Old Sep 7, 2004, 10:27 am

Programs: Motel 6 Club Avoir Le Cafard
Originally Posted by MileageAddict
No, no, no...the worst has to be having a seatmate repeatedly pull hairs out of his head and eat them.
Hey, sandwiches are $7.
Old Sep 7, 2004, 11:21 am

Programs: DL, AA, HH, UA
dchristiva, we can be seat mates ~ I won't grumble if you keep your light angled toward your "air space" .. if you don't laugh if I snort as I fall asleep. If you point light @ me, I will be forced to snore toward you.

1. adult pax kicking/banging my seat Tooooo many times or grabbing the back of my seat to pull themselves up.
2. allowing children to lean over seat to stare, talk, & annoy others
3. parents telling child, "It's okay to move to empty seat next to nice lady, she won't mind." wrong...
4. loud talkers
5. smelly food; self-provided hamburgers w/ onions & other strong smelling foods - does 1 of 2 things: makes me starve or makes me ill; depends on situation & smell ~ could explain why most airline's food is fairly "non aromatic"
6. window seat needing to potty every hour
7. person in potty before me, doing their "business" ~ there should be "Dangerous Air" warning signs
8. stinky diaper changes @ seat

I realize my list includes several child related complaints. I am not anti-child travel. I flew several long intnl flights w/my kids from age 5 weeks up, but I respected other pax's comfort....do unto others as I wish all would do.

Eating hair - now that's just sick.
Old Sep 7, 2004, 1:03 pm

Programs: COPP/UAGS SPG Platinum, USAir Gold Hyatt Diamond, Amex Centurion
Unhappy Hair today...

Originally Posted by FightingIlliniUAL
Eating hairs? Thats awful...
Sat across (thankfully not NEXT to) someone who would pluck a hair out of his head, then, with both hands, floss with it.

I'm not kidding.

You can't make this stuff up. I was watching in awestruck horror.

-Peter
Old Sep 7, 2004, 2:47 pm
Original Member

Some of these things are fairly common, but some of the others...

Never woulda thought of them in my wildest dreams....Stranger Than Science.
Old Sep 8, 2004, 12:04 am

Re: diaper changes at seat.

I was flying cross country next to a woman travelling with an infant on her lap, who explained that there was no room to change her baby's diaper in the lav, and was wondering if I "would be offended" if she just changed the baby's diaper right there. I felt bad for her, said that I wouldn't mind, and then she takes off the baby's dirty diaper and places the child ON MY LAP to change him. This was not in my Contract of Carriage.
Old Sep 8, 2004, 12:34 am

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
My most disgusting seatmate was in C class on a CO DC10 EWR-LAX (in the pre-Business First days) who started flossing his teeth in his seat after dinner. Then before landing he got out and electric razor and started shaving very thoroughly, before liberally sprinkling himself with the most revolting after shave.
Old Sep 8, 2004, 5:26 am
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
Being seated next to a tobacco chewer. Dipping in an aircraft, and then spitting the stuff into an empty coke bottle is not something I find pleasent to watch.
Old Sep 8, 2004, 9:46 am

Programs: UA 2P (will be 0P next yr), HH Diamond (thank you Surpass Card!)
Originally Posted by Amanda
My husband is a magnet for seatmates that want to keep the reading light on. The overnight flight will be dark except for his row. This goes on for the entire flight. It would be OK if it was just a few hours, but not the whole flight.
If one is annoyed by another's reading light (or any other light), one can simply use an eye shade/mask. Very effective, and everyone is happy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.