Search

Need help w/ Rosarito hotels

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2004, 8:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Need help w/ Rosarito hotels

Hi..

Does anyone have experience staying in Rosarito? I'm going down there next week and need to book a hotel. Normally, it wouldn't be a problem but it's hard to book a hotel there without having been there because
1) barely any of the hotels have websites or even photos online anywhere
2) some of the hotels, you call and they barely speak english

So....any reccomendations for some place that is within walking distance of the downtown area (papas & beer, etc), not a complete dump...and somewhere around $50/nt for weekdays?

thanks in advance...

-Zack
Old Sep 5, 2004, 11:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
I have been there many times. My advice would be to stay in San Diego. rosarito used to be cheap but now the prices are about double what it would cost you to get a 4* priceline room in San Diego.

But if you are drinking or have other reasons for staying in Rosarito then I would recommend the Rosarito Beach hotel. It's been around for years, the rooms are clean, and you'll get a good night's sleep (as opposed to some of the other places which are party central).
Old Sep 7, 2004, 5:24 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Husband AA EXP (yeah!!) Hya Dia, Marriott
Ditto on Rosarito Beach hotel - they sometimes run specials. My preference is Las Rocas, but that's closer to Puerto Nuevo (& much more expensive) or my absolute fav, La Fonda, halfway to Ensendada.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.