Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Legroom on the Airbus A340-300?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2004, 11:22 am
Original Poster

Legroom on the Airbus A340-300?

I just purchased a couple tickets from SEA - TPE on the Delta 9883 Airbus A340-300 Jet. We are in seats 17J and K. I'm 6'7 and am wondering if I will have enough leg room for this long 13hr flight. I'm not sure where to find out about the different seats on the plane.

On the itinerary it says that this flight is "operated by China Airlines". Does this mean that the actual plane I'll be flying on is China Air or is it Delta?

Thanks.
Dan
Old Jun 3, 2004, 11:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

looks pretty hi-tech and all, but 32 inches and 6'7" don't get along too well:

http://www.china-airlines.com/en/che...vice-3-5-3.htm

here's the seating chart; it appears that several seats at the front of each bank may have extra legroom:

http://www.china-airlines.com/en/che...vice-3-5-4.htm

fyi, business class is often quite reasonably priced on CI, as are upgrades. however, being on DL ticket probably limits you quite a bit in this respect.
Old Jun 3, 2004, 11:54 am

Programs: BA
The_p0et:

32" seat pitch is maybe an inch more than many other intercontinental carriers, but not as much as say American MRTC. Not being 6'7" myself I don't know how well you fit into regular seats. You are on the right hand window and aisle

This is a China Airlines aircraft and Delta have just placed a flight number on it for marketing purposes, known as "code sharing". Apart from an initial announcement you will probably find little trace of any Delta relationship. You can generally tell such flights by very high flight numbers, eg in the 9000 range here. The China Air A340s are all relatively new (built 2001-2003) but as ever the type of aircraft is not particularly connected to the seat pitch (or lack of it), the airlines simplistically get an empty shell from Airbus or Boeing and it's up to them how they fit it out with seats, and they all make their own decisions.

I'll be grossly simplistic here, Airbus seats (often from supplier Sigma Aeroseat in Spain) tend to look more stylish but Boeing's suppliers seem to make more comfortable seats !
Old Jun 4, 2004, 3:01 am

Programs: AE, AirMiles Gold
Being 6'4" and recently having flown on CX 343 (32 inch pitch) I can say that you definitely want an exit row seat.

I looked at the map and it seems like there is no seats near the exits (???)

According to the map the best places would be baby bassinets, but then you risk of having a baby near you.

You should call and ask a good seat assignement. Some airlines will know which seats have more legroom.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.