Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Worst major airport to arrive at in an A380?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2003, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold

Anyone wants to play this game?

I'd nominate

SYD - luggage retrieval belts to small to cope
SEA - U.S. immigration and the whole arrivals hall is too small
HKG - not at the Y - will take forever to get on board the (single) train
Old Oct 3, 2003, 3:01 pm

Programs: SQ PPS, Marriott Platinum, MH Gold Enrich.
I would love to name a few numbers of airports in the world that just deserves to be criticise.

Before I start my list, what's A380. Is it Airbus380. Does it count if I land myself in a terrbile airport that chould be nominated in this thread if it was in a different aircraft?

To start off: London Heathrow's immigration queue. It's just terrible and their luggage hadlings too. It's fast but too crowded. Their trolleys are the worst in the world.
Old Oct 6, 2003, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Biggy:
Before I start my list, what's A380. Is it Airbus380. Does it count if I land myself in a terrbile airport that chould be nominated in this thread if it was in a different aircraft?
</font>
Yes Airbus 380. As for the rest, I don;t quite comprehend but let's assume you arrive in a packed-to-the-gills one (550 pax, maybe more in the future).
Old Oct 7, 2003, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't think the extra 200 pax will make a difference. At IAD, 90% of the int'l widebodies seem to land in a 1 hr window, and create an imigration line long enough for the president of LH to claim the third world does a better job.
Old Oct 7, 2003, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I would depend on airport. Some airports will be able to handle it better than others. The ones that can't I list for those reasons.
Old Oct 11, 2003, 12:41 am

Programs: DL 2 MM
I thibk MEX would be the worst airport to fly in/out on an A380.

If a high density seating arrqangement was used (is Southwest ever uses the A380 on busy routes) the a/c would load appr. 955 pax!

Good Luck!

RC

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.