Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska Rail

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2003, 1:09 pm
Original Poster

Alaska Rail

I'm visiting my sister in Anchorage and would like to take my daughters, ages 6 and 9 on a train trip. Has anyone done the Anchorage to Denali or Anchorage to Seward trips? It looks great on the web site but would like to hear any personal experiences. Thanks, Bob
Old Mar 31, 2003, 6:47 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

We took the Alaska Railroad from Anchorage to Denali, and then again from Denali to Fairbanks.

Aside from the beautiful scenery, the personnel aboard the train will point out various sights to see, as well as dispense facts about Alaska and its railroad and towns all along the way.

If you get hungry, there is a dining car where you can eat.

Some cars have windows above as well as on the sides. Some tour groups hitch their own railroad cars to the Alaska Railroad.

We also received free maps of the trip, which we framed and hung on the wall.

If time is not a factor (as the train is definitely not known for its speed), you love trains, and you are looking for a truly memorable experience, definitely take the Alaska Railroad.

I highly recommend this experience for you and your family.

Enjoy!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.