Reload this Page >

VIRGIN ATLANTIC WILL NOT INSTALL "KISSES" URINALS AT JFK CLUBHOUSE

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VIRGIN ATLANTIC WILL NOT INSTALL "KISSES" URINALS AT JFK CLUBHOUSE

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2004, 11:57 am

Tacky, yes. Bad idea for a bathroom frequented by children, yes.

Degrading, hmmmm, do those who take this postion ever step inside any airport bookstore??? I ask because they sell men's magazines that comparably make that urinal look like a fountain for Holy water.

The point is... if you don't complain about the other, then why complain about this?

Virgin made the best decision.

Old Mar 23, 2004, 1:19 pm

Thank you for putting a smile on my face this afternoon--the picture of the urinal is hilarous! I can understand why it would be degrading but I would just laugh--and after a long day in the airport..it would lighten my spirits
Old Mar 23, 2004, 1:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold Guest List; HH Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Marysunshine:
If you don't think that's degrading, I don't know what is!</font>
I suppose the woman who designed it didn't think it was degrading.
Old Mar 23, 2004, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
Perhaps relatedlty, in the Rolling Stone mag with Affleck on the cover there's a great story about Bob Guccione and the fall of his empire. Penthouse has gone hard-core in recent years, and they listed the stuff it's depicting now (some of it extremely graphic). But despite a list of things that might be considered more explicit, the thing that really chased the advertisers away is the urination.

Must be some kind of taboo line there.
Old Mar 23, 2004, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Virgin are a publicity seeking airline.

Virgin release details of these new 'controversial' urinals and then all of a sudden withdraw them.....why? If you can't work it out read the first line

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.