Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your favorite watering holes/pubs in Cincinnati

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2004, 5:30 pm
Original Poster

Your favorite watering holes/pubs in Cincinnati

Your favorites and what makes them stand out from the crowd for you.

Any recommendations will be much appreciated and I will raise a glass to your health. Cheers!
Old Mar 22, 2004, 6:30 pm

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
Celestial on Mount Adams (expensive, coat/time place.)

City View Tavern on Mount Adams (cheap, no coat or tie seen here in several decades.)

I moved away before the riots in 2001, don't know if the Over The Rhine area is still viable.
Old Mar 22, 2004, 7:25 pm

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hilton Diamond
Although I moved away about 5 years ago, we used to spend a lot of time at Zip's in Mt Lookout, Arthur's in Hyde Park, Mt Lookout Tavern, and the Brick Yard and O'Bryon's in O'Bryonville. Good social scenes without being snooty, and Zip's, Arthur's, and the Brick Yard always had really good food.
Mt Adams is a lot of fun too, you might try Blind Lemon or Longworth's.
Good luck!
Old Mar 22, 2004, 7:35 pm
GG

My son & his Cincinnati gf have since moved to SAN but they recommend Nicholson's downtown - he says upscaley with very good beer selection and food - it can be too crowded and loud on weekends.

They also liked Zips on Mt Lookout for basic burgers and beer. ("Your basic dive" he said.)

The 2 places I know best aren't either one technically in Cincinnati, to wit: Watson Bros up in Blue Ash (near the GA airport), and Jake's Irish Pub in Covington. Watson Bros used to have decent beer and very good food. But it got very popular... the last time we were there, I wasn't thrilled with the food, but it might still be worth checking out if you're up north. The patio is nice in decent weather (also crowded). Jake's is, well, an Irish pub, but a good one, although their beer selection is pedestrian.

There's a Rockbottom in downtown Cinti, but it's the worst one in the chain, imo. I have no plan to ever darken their doors again - and I have a Rockbottom Mug Club card.

You should also at least have a cocktail at the Omni Netherland Plaza - national landmark Art Deco hotel that is not to be missed. Orchids, the fancy restaurant, is not quite top notch food-wise any more, but might still be worth going to if your attention were more on the company and surroundings.

Maisonette is probably still the best restaurant in town, but that's wandering OT.

Personally, the only reason I can see to go to Celestial is for the view...

------------------
email on profile
Old Mar 22, 2004, 7:38 pm
GG

Hum, I was typing while GBeckman was posting, but it looks like there's 2 reccies for Zips. I'll see if I can talk Lex into trying it the next time we're in Cinti!
Old Mar 22, 2004, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, DL DIrt Medallion
Newport Levy in Kentucky. That's where the locals go now that Cincinnati is fast becoming a real dump.
Old Mar 22, 2004, 10:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
Wow, they allow such places there? Better imbibe quickly, lest they be seen as places of sin, for we know there's none of that in Cincinnati.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.