Search

where should I go with my $400? (UA)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2004, 6:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
where should I go with my $400? (UA)

I have to cancel an upcoming trip for me and my girlfriend, IAD-LHR. After the cancel fee we'll have about $200 each or $400 total. Our summer is booked so we're thinking some kind of trip in the Fall. Would like to go to Europe and could pay maybe $100 more each to make it $300. All the fares to Europe in Sept, Oct and Nov seem to be $400+. Any thoughts on what I could book today for that kind of money.

Other option is to hang on to the credit of course, but would like to have it booked now so we actually do it (it's easy to forget).
Old Mar 22, 2004, 7:44 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
You're just looking too far out for winter sale fares to Europe. I'd wait until September/October to see if they start offering any winter sales, when you'll get better value for your travel credits.
Old Mar 22, 2004, 7:57 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by magiciansampras:
where should I go with my $400? (UA)</font>
To my house. Bring the vouchers

Old Mar 22, 2004, 5:56 pm

Wait for UA E-fares in the fall.
Old Mar 22, 2004, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Post back here if you find anything with a lot of miles & a few bucks - I'm based out of DCA/IAD as well & I've got a 200.00 int'l/domestic voucher & a SWU that I have to figure out how to burn by 1/05.

I was thinking of a weekend trip to CDG or MUC, but then I was also thinking that it may be worthwhile to try a SIN run when the fares go down & the minimum stay restrictions are lifted. I was thinking about doing a week in BKK in January 05 - it could be done for about 800+ if you book later (possibly less than that - in July '03, the January '04 fares were about 735 RT in V from IAD-SEA-NRT-BKK-NRT-SFO-IAD with free stopovers) - that'll be about 600+ & it'd be a true vacation and if you wait til '05, you & your girlfriend will be one transcon away from to the next status level valid til 2/07 & you'll be able to take advantage of those benefits for quite some time & qualify for any 2005 Q1 promos (which will hopefully be as good or better than the '04 Q1 promos). And Thailand is a beautiful & cheap place to visit!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.