Search

Club Quarters - anyone stayed there?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2004, 11:14 am
In memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
Club Quarters - anyone stayed there?

Business hotels in major cities, your biz must belong but they also Priceline the rooms on weekends. www.clubquarters.com

Any input?
Old Feb 12, 2004, 11:31 am
yk

Programs: AA PLT, SPG GLD, Marriott Silver
A friend of mine stayed at the one in Philadelphia, and had only great things to say about it. Great location in Philadelphia too!
Old Feb 12, 2004, 12:33 pm

We have people stay there in Chicago. Never heard any complaints.
Old Feb 12, 2004, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
I stayed at the one in London. It was quite a steal for the price. My review is posted at www.biddingfortravel.com

You may want to search the London forum for other info on guest quarters.
Old Feb 12, 2004, 1:25 pm

I stayed in the London Gracechurch Club Quarters over the New Year. As others have mentioned, they priceline (and other websites) their rooms on holidays / weekends.

We got lucky -- free b-fast on the days their restaurant was closed.

They also have free wireless internet throughout the hotel.

However, the room we had was VERY tiny. But a deal at 50 pounds / night.
Old Feb 12, 2004, 2:52 pm

I stayed in the Club Quarters in downtown NYC in 2001, courtesy of an investment bank with which I was interviewing. The rooms and lobby were absolutely tiny, though everything was clean and well-kept. They also added a surcharge to phone calls made to 1-800 numbers which exceeded 10 minutes. It was annoying to find a $0.40 charge on my invoice in the morning.
Old Feb 12, 2004, 3:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I've stayed at their San Francisco location several times. My impressions echo those already reported: small rooms, but very comfortable and conducive for getting work done.
Old Feb 12, 2004, 6:50 pm

I stayed at the one in Chicago. It reminded me of a cabin on a cruise ship - efficient use of space, everything in its place. No complaints - just small and no frills.
Old Feb 12, 2004, 7:27 pm

Location: Dirt USair, Gold Hilton, Gold Marriott, Platinum Hyatt
I've stayed at the CC in Washington DC and in Chicago. No real complaints, it was mandated by the company I work for.

I drove to Washington and the entrance to the CC is right on a busy street. After checking in, the parking was about 3 blocks away in a public garage.

The CC's are small, but very comfortable rooms. They don't have a lot of frills but the prices were good. If I remember, I was only paying somewhere around $80 a night in Chicago.

If it was a business trip, or if I was just looking for somewhere cheap for a night or two, I'd stay at CC.

I think that they also offer really cheap rates for the weekends if you are a member of their club.

Peace
Old Feb 12, 2004, 7:33 pm

Programs: DL Diamond and Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hertz Pres Circle
I've stayed at CC in Boston numerous times and at the Philly one once. Both had fair size rooms, clean and as somebody already noted, they're in great locations. Right in downtown both cities. I would highly recommend them for a business or a leisure stay.
Old Feb 12, 2004, 9:29 pm
Original Member

I've stayed at the one in DC, also. I got my room mysewlf through hotels.com. I guess they buy/reserve blocks of rooms themselves or something.

I agree with the above comments; perfectly nice rooms and good prices, plus friendly and helpful staff.
Old Feb 13, 2004, 6:57 am

I stayed in the Boston CQ -- great location, perfect unless you: a) intend on spending a large chunk of time in your room or b) prefer large rooms.
Old Feb 13, 2004, 2:27 pm

The one in Midtown Manhattan has a great location for theater/midtown (W 44/45?). They also have free wireless internet. Rooms again are tiny and amenities are few. I'd say pay no more than $120/night for this property.
Old Feb 13, 2004, 9:13 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UAL Premier Exec, SPG and HH Gold
I stayed at the Wall Street location. I echo the earlier comments about the rooms being quite small. The Wall Street location is pretty desolete on the weekend.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.