Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Moving to Shanghai - what are the implications?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2004, 12:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K (Plt for life), KLM Plt, SAS Diamond, AA Plt for life, Hyatt Diamond for Life

I am moving to Shanghai in a few months, responsible for the A/P region. Do any of you have any recommendations in terms of how to maximize the FF opportunities around Asia.

I have travelled extensively through the US/EU/LA but not as much in Asia a I am keen to draw on some of the experience of the "locals". Some examples of questions I have would be:
(1) Should I change loyalty to any of the Asian programs? I am 1K and Exec Plat today.
(2) Should I change my address from the US to Asia or will I miss out on a number of bonus opportunities that are for US members only?
(3) Where do I get the best deals out of Shanghai? How about Shanghai to London?
Etc.

Grateful for any wisdom fellow FlyerTalkers can offer.

------------------
Old Feb 8, 2004, 12:21 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Prytz, your post is far more appropriate for TravelBuzz in the FT Travel area and I'll invite all to follow the discussion in that very active area of FlyerTalk. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.