Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Is $756 for RT airfare Milan-Boston in June a good price or should I wait for a sale

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is $756 for RT airfare Milan-Boston in June a good price or should I wait for a sale

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2004, 7:32 pm
Original Poster

My relatives need to fly from Milan to Miami and return to Milan from Boston. They plan on leaving Milan on May 31, and return on June 21. The best fare I can find now is $753.60 on Lufthansa with a connection, or I can get nonstop flights on Alitalia for a little more, $780.82.

I am trying to determine if those are good fares, or are they high. Does anyone know if those fares are good or bad? Do you think that they should buy the tickets now or do you think that there is a good likelihood of a sale if they wait. If so, how long should they wait to buy?
Old Jan 26, 2004, 9:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
That is high season and a very good price. It will cost me almost about $600 to fly TLV-MXP (a four hour trip) in the Spring.

I doubt that you have to pay now, though, so why not just book the flight and if a sale fare opens up later on cancel and re-book?

Old Jan 27, 2004, 1:52 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Crown Room Club Member, United Mileage Plus, HiltonHonors
I fly the Italy - Boston route every few months and that price is good. Additionally, June is the high season so the fares are only going to increase. My advice ... buy that ticket now before you regret waiting!
Old Jan 27, 2004, 3:57 am

It is a good price. Remember this year the Euro is stronger than last summer - Expect more european tourists
Old Jan 27, 2004, 6:13 am

Good price. Expedia had a "Bargain fare" of $748.00 but would not tell you times or airline. Most options are well over $800.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.