Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GRU hotels - Marriott or Caesars Park?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2004, 4:15 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
GRU hotels - Marriott or Caesars Park?

I need a one night stay in GRU... offhand the Caesars Park seems like a no brainer, plus, its running at $79 while the Marriott is offering $99 per night?

Any tips, experiences or comments to share..? Thanks.

------------------
Gaucho100K

[This message has been edited by Gaucho100K (edited Jan 21, 2004).]
Old Jan 21, 2004, 4:19 pm
jfe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kicked out of all of them
TravelBuzz! get's lots of traffic also.

Let's continue it there.

------------------
==================
Moderator: OMNI and S.P.A.M.
Old Jan 21, 2004, 6:04 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Gaucho100K:
I need a one night stay in GRU... offhand the Caesars Park seems like a no brainer, plus, its running at $79 while the Marriott is offering $99 per night?

Any tips, experiences or comments to share..? Thanks.

</font>
If you are talking about the Caesar Park near the airport, do you actually want to stay that far from the city (or that close to the airport)?
Old Jan 21, 2004, 8:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by GUWonder:
If you are talking about the Caesar Park near the airport, do you actually want to stay that far from the city (or that close to the airport)?</font>
Yes, thats the one. Ive contacted my GRU based non FT contacts and nobody is in town, hence Im considering just staying out by the airport and enjoying the facilities at the hotel.
Old Jan 21, 2004, 10:50 pm

Programs: *G SPG Platinum
I have stayed at the Marriott a few times. It is "very nice".

If you book directly with the hotel, you would probably be able to get a "local-rate" in R$.

In the last year, I have paid between R$120 and R$150, roughly USD40-60.

Cheers,
Mads
Old Jan 22, 2004, 6:06 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the heads up Mads. Maybe I will call the hotel and speak to them.

Anybody have experiences with the Caesars Park...?
Old Jan 23, 2004, 3:37 pm

I much prefer the Caesar's Park. It's a smaller property and the service is excellent. I last stayed there about 4 years ago.

The hotel had a great inhouse restaurant and a cute little pool on the roof with deck area.

Old Jan 23, 2004, 4:30 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by karmen:
I much prefer the Caesar's Park. It's a smaller property and the service is excellent. I last stayed there about 4 years ago.

The hotel had a great inhouse restaurant and a cute little pool on the roof with deck area.

</font>
Both are fine allegedly. No blatant loud complaints about either, although I think someone said that it was, I think, the Marriott which had better internet connectivity and pricing .. although I would check into this and not necessarily recommend making a choice based on connectivity services.

Most everyone I know in Sao Paulo is not very familiar with either hotel... just drive by it.
Old Jan 23, 2004, 4:36 pm
Original Poster

Ive settled for the Caesars, just booked me into their joint for $79... I guess I will use their complementary shuttle service upon arrival, I assume it will be easy enough to spot.
Old Jan 23, 2004, 6:40 pm

TAP put me up in the Caesars Park due to a schedule change some time ago. One of the nicer airports hotels I've been to. I don't recall any internet access, though.

The shuttle was easy to find, as I remember.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.