Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MEX Airport Hotel question

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2003, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: aa/ua gold; mar titanium. SPG till I die.
MEX Airport Hotel question

I gotta do an overnight layover at in MEX and I wanted to know if the hyatt inside the hotel charges by the hour or in short blocks? I´m landing at about 11am and leaving at around 7am so i don´t want to pay for a full night or take a taxi into town(plus I´m a budget traveler who has never been to MEX). I checked hotwire and found a hotel one for $79 which is pretty high for me. Anyone know about the nearby airport hotels?

Thanks!
Old Dec 28, 2003, 1:40 pm

There is no Hyatt at MEX. There is a Hilton right inside the terminal (between the domestic and international areas) and a Marriott, which is accessed via an overhead walkway.

On a good weekend night, you might get the Hilton for as low as USD$99 per night.

BUT, you can almost always get the Marriott for USD$40 on Priceline (+ Priceline charges.) I've done this regularly and found it quite satisfactory.

I don't believe there are any hotels near MEX that rent "by the hour." Some might have day room rates, but I don't think and overnight stay (11am-7am) will qualify. Besides, it would still most likely be much more than the $40 Priceline rate.
Old Dec 28, 2003, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Ken hAAmer:
I don't believe there are any hotels near MEX that rent "by the hour." </font>
Oh yes, there are. However, I think you would need to have some "business" to transact, which is likely to cost you much more than the Priceline rate.

Old Dec 28, 2003, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: aa/ua gold; mar titanium. SPG till I die.
I didn´t mean those kind of by the hour places. I know the airport hotel in ICN rents rooms for like 6 hr periods.

Thanks for the tip about the Marriott though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.