US Bedbug plague

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2003, 10:34 pm
Original Poster

US Bedbug plague

I hope this link works:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...1/ixworld.html
Title: Tourists and immigrants 'behind US bed bug plague'
Bed bugs have invaded the United States for the first time in 50 years, munching their way through sleeping victims in an infestation described by pest controllers as being "out of control". . . .
Old Dec 20, 2003, 11:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN Platinum
That's disgusting
Old Dec 21, 2003, 2:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">The New York metropolitan area and California are the most heavily infected states because bed bugs thrive in densely populated urban areas. They have also been found in Pennsylvania motels and forced the closure of a student dormitory at a mid-Western university.</font>
That means... bring your own sheets...

It is disgusting
Old Dec 21, 2003, 5:30 pm

Programs: CO silver
It is true that bedbugs have been increasing in number.

I am in the pest field and it isn't just travellers that are causing the increase. Part of the problem is the switch in treatments for hotel rooms for insects. In the last 5-10 years there has been a shift in the pesticides used. There is a lot more baiting done now, which can kill cockroaches and ants, but not bedbugs.

Over the course of my career in the field, bedbugs are the only things that have given me the "heebie-geebies".

You haven't lived until you see a bedbug infested room (bed, walls, curtains, lampshades, basically anywhere there was a crack or crevice you could find bedbugs)

Sleep Tight

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.