Reload this Page >

Favorites Things Discovered.....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Favorites Things Discovered.....

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2003, 3:03 pm

Berocca are fizzy vit b tablets. If you have a hangover they seem to help a bit. Also taste rather nice with vodka

G
Old Dec 13, 2003, 3:05 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by scotty00:
What are Berocca tablets?</font>
Fizzy vitamins. After a hard night drinking have them before going to bed and helps with the hangover
Old Dec 14, 2003, 12:11 am
Original Poster

I don't take Berocca for hangovers, although I know many people do. I take Berocca for the days I'm worn out and need energy. If I have a cold and need strength, I'll take Berocca. Whenever I'm on a transatlantic or transpacific flight I take Berocca about an hour before landing, I get a boost of energy, feel good and suffer no jetlag.
Old Dec 14, 2003, 1:41 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by gefsmith:
Berocca are fizzy vit b tablets. If you have a hangover they seem to help a bit. Also taste rather nice with vodka

G
</font>
That would be a Berocca Martini! When you really need to kickstart your day, it can't be beat!

Old Dec 14, 2003, 4:05 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Doctor Who:
Phoenicia Mediterranean Bakery and Deli here in Austin, Texas. I can get English & Irish bangers (made in FL but taste like the real thing), cornish pasties, HP Sauce, Salad Cream, real English Heinz baked beans ... and chocolate-covered Hob Nobs! They don't sell Berocca yet, but I bring plenty of that over from the UK.</font>

We have a DOLLAR SHOP that sells packets of Bisto for $1.00

[This message has been edited by jimc_usa (edited Dec 14, 2003).]
Old Dec 14, 2003, 4:08 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Non-NonRev:
Mushy Peas in the Yorkshire Dales </font>
with Steak and Kidney pud
Old Dec 14, 2003, 6:34 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Well, as long as we're talking food and drink:

The mighty 'fry' in Ireland.

Hercegobacke odrezak and cevapcici in Bosnia.

Green tea with cardamom and chapli kebab in Pakistan. And how amazing (brown) tea can be, plus the use of sugar when cooking rice from an Afghan refugee in Peshawar.

Near-frozen lemon soda (the most refreshing drink in the world) in India.

Inka Cola in Peru. It's the only drink that comes close to my country's beloved 'other national drink', Irn Bru. And alpaca meat.

Mint tea, originally in France and bettered in Morocco.

Apple tea in Turkey, and Turkish coffee in Turkey and Bosnia (Bosnian coffee makes Turkish coffee look harmless).

The joy of goose in all its forms, in Hungary.

The mighty soups, borshch and salyanka, in Russia. And the use of sunflower seeds as a great snack for very long train journeys.

Musk ox (or uumingmaq), and the freshest trout known to man, in Greenland.
Old Dec 15, 2003, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Discovery number 1:

The New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival. I went for the first time in 1988, and vowed to go every year for the rest of my life. This year will be my 17th consecutive Jazz Fest.

Which led to discovery number 2:

New Orleans, including a secret unknown to most tourists: the city of New Orleans is far, far more than hanging out on Bourbon Street, drinking cheap beer, and begging women to expose their breasts.

Which led to discovery number 3:

Southwest Louisiana. It's a spectacularly interesting world down there!

(I know that most responses to this post have been about food, and trust me, this one is in large part, too!)

[This message has been edited by Blumie (edited Dec 15, 2003).]
Old Dec 15, 2003, 3:44 pm

Location: PDX, AMS, MSN, ORD. Dedicated to finding a cure for Republicanism in our time. "Won't you please help"? "For the children's sake"?
Programs: ! "Ya can't tell da' playahs wit'out a program!" NW silver, DIRT everywhere else.
Dutch Hashish. Available only in the 'coffeeshops' of Amsterdam. In my experience it is superior in quality and purity to anything from other parts of the world. As a medicinal user, I can tell you that nothing has been as effective in releiving my muscle spasms as Dutch Hashish. I wish I could get it here.
Old Dec 15, 2003, 4:27 pm

Honest to goodness Roche produced Valium from Mexico. Cheaper over the counter there than I can get it (even generics with my co-pay) by prescription in the states.
Old Dec 15, 2003, 5:07 pm

Programs: WN Companion Pass, former HP Gold and AA Gold
Biscoff. They are the little, individually-wrapped cookies/crackers. Their web site calls them "original caramelized biscuits."

http://www.biscoff.com/gourmet/shop?...&catid=BISCOFF

They are served on America West (among other airlines, I suppose).
Old Dec 15, 2003, 7:26 pm

Labello lip balm, Glysolid 38% glycerin hand cream, Pocket Coffee chocolates--in Italy.

Nescafe instant coffee Italy and France.
Old Dec 15, 2003, 10:01 pm

Programs: /usr/bin
100 Yen conveyeur belt sushi restaraunts in Japan. The best sushi in the world, and a plate containing two or three rolls for less than $1.
Old Dec 16, 2003, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Brew Thru
Old Dec 16, 2003, 10:39 am

Programs: Exxon Mobil Supertanker, WN Double Peanut, Accor Golden Cockroach
Nu-Way
Blackies

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.