Bulkhead seats and the dolts who sometimes sit in them

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bulkhead seats and the dolts who sometimes sit in them

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2003, 5:37 pm

Programs: UA *G MM
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Bonehead:
I would never fully recline if there was someone behind me, especially in a bulkhead seat. It's called common courtesy.

</font>
I agree 100% but most azzholes don't care. I wish coach seats did not recline at all.

I never recline if anyone is behind me and usually ask someone who reclines on me to refrain from doing so.

Old Sep 11, 2003, 2:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
Too, CO is adding jungle jets and their non-reclining seats on route as long as NYC-TUL, IAH-MKE and IAH-PSP! Guess they wanted to be proactive.
Old Sep 11, 2003, 5:38 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by RustyC:
Too, CO is adding jungle jets and their non-reclining seats on route as long as NYC-TUL, IAH-MKE and IAH-PSP! Guess they wanted to be proactive.</font>
Except for those rows ahead of exit rows, all the CO ERJs I've flown had reclining seats, ~3".

Old Sep 11, 2003, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
On a BA WT+ overnight from Washington the guy in front of me put his seat back, fair enough it was an overnight flight but I just moved to a bulkhead seat that was vacant and reclined. There was a guy behind me but then the cabin was about 20% full so I did not feel to bothered about this as he could have easily moved if need be. Obviously this is not possible on all flights

With regard to seat recline, you gotta be kidding if you think I could last on a L/H flight withour recline! After having the seat reclined throughout the flight and then having to return it to the control position for landing it feels very uncomfortable, though I usually manage to get a slight bit of recline for the landing
Old Sep 11, 2003, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
and with bulkhead storage I find it best to use my laptop bag as a footrest, place it up against the bulkhead and put some pillows on it
Old Sep 11, 2003, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by DaDOKin DC:
...I think that is the most reasonable, albeit uncommon, approach. In all my flying, I have had ONE person turn and ask me if I minded if she reclined her seat...</font>

If I feel the need to recline I ALWAYS glance back and make sure that I'm not encroaching on that person's space and ask if it looks like I might. It's golden-rule stuff; how can I feel indignant if I'm squished if I feel no compunction about squishing someone else?

I'm such a damm saint...makes me sick.
Old Sep 11, 2003, 6:37 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PresRDC:
Has anyone ever thought about designing a coach airplane seat where the seat moves forward when it reclines? </font>
Air New Zealand in Y.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.