Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

What's the best window seat on 757 from ORD - ANC?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2003, 10:56 am
Original Poster

Someone (I forget which forum) was saying one side of the plane gets most of the view from ORD-ANC flights and DFW-ANC flights.

Would it be the east side of the inbound planes to ANC (making it the F seats)?

Also, I'm using BA/Jag miles to fly on an AA award ticket (never flown on an AA award ticket before). My seat has not yet been assigned, according to BA website. On this type of ticket, can I request a seat when I check in at the airport? How's that work, anyone know?

[This message has been edited by jmartin (edited 09-04-2003).]
Old Sep 4, 2003, 12:41 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Alaska MVP Gold
On the SEA-ANC flight, you definitely want to be on the east side of the plane the whole way. Looking at the great circle map of SEA-ANC, DFW-ANC and ORD-ANC, the routes are all more-or-less the same once you get near ANC, and that was definitely the most scenic part of the trip from SEA. Not that flying along the panhandle wasn't spectacular in itself, but the scenery just gets more impressive as you go north. As you approach ANC, you're following along the coast just offshore looking north to the coast and mountains. So I'd say, yes, the east (north) side of the plane.
Old Sep 4, 2003, 12:52 pm
Original Poster

Mehdron - Thanks for the great info!! I'll try to land a seat on that side!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.