Reload this Page >

"A Flight Delay"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"A Flight Delay"

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2003, 5:54 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ermdjdsf:
Thank you, Blackjack-21, for posting this moving stroy. Do you know what city the plane was flying out of? I doubt it was in the heavily anti-military San Francisco Bay area, where the troops more likely would have been met with uncomfortable silence or scattered boos from the locals on the plane.</font>
While SF Bay Area may lean more to pacifism than other regions, the anti-military attitude seldom extends to military personnel personally.

Some 30 years ago, when perhaps the anti-militarism was even more so, about a week or so after the US withdrawal from Vietnam, a couple of buddies and I, in army uniforms, went into a coffee shop (the Copper Penney near the Geary Blvd Sears, both gone now) and were greeted warmly with "welcome home, boys".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.