Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Orbitz site??

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2003, 10:26 am
Original Poster

New Orbitz site??

Has Orbitz completely re-done their site or is it just me?? It's so much easier to navigate now. Has anyone been there recently??
Old Aug 1, 2003, 11:12 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Hgrant:
Has Orbitz completely re-done their site or is it just me?? It's so much easier to navigate now. Has anyone been there recently??</font>
I also noticed that they quietly raised their fee to $6.00. It would not surprise me if their strategy is to keep doing this in $1.00 increments until the fee is $10.00 or $20.00.

Old Aug 1, 2003, 12:23 pm

Orbitz only works well because it uses ITASoftware in its search engine. I think there fee is too high. You can search on Orbitz to get a quick comparison of flights, and then I book directly with the airline, to avoid fees and get bonus miles. Someday, Orbitz may need to start charging for searches, if you haven't bought a ticket from them.
Old Aug 1, 2003, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
http://www.flyertalk.com/travel/fttr...ML/000336.html
Old Aug 1, 2003, 2:02 pm

Programs: WWMFD
Orbitz has worked pretty well for me in getting somewhat less expensive fares than those in the majors' own sites. One exception so far, this week I used them to scan LGA-TPA & still found less expensive directs on aa.com.
Old Aug 2, 2003, 4:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ss315:
Orbitz only works well because it uses ITASoftware in its search engine. I think there fee is too high. You can search on Orbitz to get a quick comparison of flights, and then I book directly with the airline, to avoid fees and get bonus miles. Someday, Orbitz may need to start charging for searches, if you haven't bought a ticket from them.</font>
You can do the search directly through ITA's website too - http://matrix.itasoftware.com/cvg/dispatch/
Old Aug 2, 2003, 11:43 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ss315:
Orbitz only works well because it uses ITASoftware in its search engine. I think there fee is too high. You can search on Orbitz to get a quick comparison of flights, and then I book directly with the airline, to avoid fees and get bonus miles. Someday, Orbitz may need to start charging for searches, if you haven't bought a ticket from them.</font>
Doesn't orbitz charge people to be listed on them? If anything it will probably be that orbitz will equal the bonus programs.

Old Aug 3, 2003, 9:25 am

I seem to recall at one point Orbitz did require people to register with them in order to do searches. I suspect either too many folks complained or they saw such a dramatic change in usage that they dropped this requirement.

------------------
Michael Steinberg
Editor
BizTrip
www.biztrip.com
A site for travelers by a traveler with 20+ years experience
Please visit my site and let me know what you think.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.